The Dragon Digest!
First Grade Face to Face Newsletter
Half Day Friday April 16th
Friday April 16th will be a half day. We will be sending home a packet for the afternoon which will be considered asynchronous learning.
COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER
As the end of the year approaches, we have a handful of fun activities set in place. These will begin Thursday April 22nd. Please check the countdown so your child is prepared for all the upcoming, fun!
ABC End of Year Countdown!
Thurs 4/22 A = Arts and Crafts
Fri 4/23 B = Board Games (Bring in a game to play)
Mon 4/26 C = Crazy Socks
Tues 4/27 D = Dance Party
Wed 4/28 E = Electronic Day - extra free time on iPad!
Thurs 4/29 F = Favorite Book & Flashlight Day (bring in your favorite
book & flashlight to read around the room)
Fri 4/30 G = Gum Day
Mon 5/3 H = Hat Day (wear a hat)
Tues 5/4 I = Inside out day (Wear your shirt inside out)
Wed 5/5 J = Joke of the Day (bring a joke to share)
Thurs ⅚ K = Kindness day (kindness craft)
Fri 5/7 L = Letter Day (write a thank you note)
Mon 5/10 M = Movie Day (watch a movie at the end of the day) or
Music Day (listen to music throughout the day)
Tues 5/11 N = Nickname Day (choose a new name, make a nametag)
Wed 5/12 O = Outside Day (do a lesson, read books or snack outside)
Thurs 5/13 P = Pajama Day (wear your PJs to school!)
Fri 5/14 Q = Quiz Day - do fun Kahoot/Quizizz Games
Mon 5/17 R = Recess - Extra recess day
Tues 5/18 S = Shoes Off Day
Wed 5/19 T = Teddy Bear Day (bring in a stuffed animal)
Thurs 5/20 U = Uniform Day (wear a favorite sports team)
Fri 5/21 V = Visit Other Classrooms Day (Rotate first grade rooms!)
Mon 5/24 W = Walt Disney Day (watch a disney movie)
Tues 5/25 X = Xtra Celebration Day (EOY Party)
Wed 5/26 Y = Year End Cleaning Day (Clean and organize the room.)
Thurs 5/27 Z = Zero More Days of School - Zip Up & Zoom Out!
Bring a Picture of Mom!
Notes for Mrs. Johnston
Thank you so much for your support of our counselor, Mrs. Johnston, during this difficult time. There is a dropbox in the front office for cards, notes, pictures, etc. to make things easier for both the Johnston family and our school community.
CARROLL NIGHT AT THE BALL PARK
Baseball is back! Join fellow Carroll families and come check out Globe Life Field on Friday, April 30. Tickets purchased through this offer will receive a custom Carroll/Rangers floppy cap!
A portion of each ticket sold will go back to the Carroll ISD WE CARE program, which focuses on employee appreciation throughout the year for their hard work and dedication to educating students.
Spring Calendar Change
The Board of Trustees has approved four additional planning/professional development half days for the Spring semester for our teachers. The following dates will be half days at school.
- February 26, 2021
- March 12,2021
- April 16, 2021
- April 30, 2021
On these dates, the first half of the day will be a normal day for both in-person and DVA students, while the afternoon will now be an asynchronous learning half-day for all students, regardless of enrollment in DVA or in-person learning. Our teachers will use the afternoon half-days as planning time/professional development.
Lost and Found
Please remind your child to check out the lost and found in the cafeteria for anything that belongs to them.
Spelling Tests Every Friday
Library Schedule by Class
DRAGON OF THE WEEK!!
Take Home Readers & our Restocking Process
WEEKLY WELLNESS SCREENING FOR FTF STUDENTS
Please complete the state-required Weekly Wellness Screening in Skyward Family Access every Sunday before 6:00 pm. This will help make your child's Monday morning much smoother. Students who do not have this survey filled out will be screened by our nurse, which could result in a delay to the start of their school day. We might suggest adding an alarm to your phone to remind you to complete it each week. Thank you for your cooperation!
MY SCHOOL BUCKS - LUNCH ACCOUNT
We encourage all parents/students to prepay money into their account to help lunch lines move faster and to avoid lost/forgotten lunch money.
- Cash/Check – can be deposited in the lunch line at the point of sale. If you choose to drop cash off, please include your child’s name and ID number. Any change from a cash payment will be deposited on the student's lunch account.
- Online Payment - CISD has included a parent online credit card payment system through MySchoolBucks, online or mobile app. You can make credit card payments to your student’s cafeteria account online for a convenience fee of $2.50. The system will also allow parents to view student cafeteria account balances and purchases at no charge as well as set up free, automatic, low balance email notifications and automatic payments.
- Money left on accounts will roll over with your student next year.
- Transferring funds between siblings' accounts may be done any time by calling the Child Nutrition office at 817-949-8240.
Encore Rotation Schedule
Day 1- PE
Day 2- Science
Day 7-Computer Lab
Day 6-Computer Lab
Day 2-Computer Lab
Day 1-Computer Lab
Day 5-Computer Lab
1- Day 1- Music
2- Day 2- PE
3- Day 3- Computer Lab
4- Day 4- PE
5- Day 5- Science Lab
6- Day 6- Art
7- Day 7- PE
No Device Policy
Please note some important information regarding our snack time in the classroom:
Please only send CLEAN, EASY TO EAT snacks. These snacks are sometimes consumed while we are working, so foods that require spoons or forks can be difficult to eat. Finger foods work best.
We only have 10-15 minutes for snack, so please only send enough for your child to eat in this time frame.
We can ONLY DRINK WATER in the classroom. Yogurt drinks, protein milk, Gatorade, juice, etc. will be enjoyed during lunch time in the cafeteria.
Please make sure the snacks are HEALTHY.
JES is an allergy aware campus. This means that NO NUTS OF ANY KIND or PEANUT BUTTER may be consumed in the classroom. Please do not bring snacks that contain peanuts or nuts for snack. These snacks can be eaten in the cafeteria.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING SNACK A CLEAN, HEALTHY, AND ENJOYABLE TIME FOR EVERYONE.
● In order to pick up students from the car line or walkers area, parents must show identification.
○ Official car signs must be displayed in the car window during pick-up time.
○ Official JES key tag must be shown with the child’s name on the back of the tag to pick up students who go home as a walker or bike rider.
○ Families without these official forms of identification must go directly to the office.
● Changes in transportation must be communicated to the front office by calling 817-949-4500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 2:00.
DO NOT contact the classroom teacher with these changes.
In the car line, please keep your child's name visible until your child is in the car.
● The cut-off time for change in transportation is 2:00 pm.
The cut-off time for early dismissal is 2:30.
Thank you for your cooperation in getting all our students home safely and efficiently.