Ms. Lewis' Second Grade News
February 15-19, 2016
What's Going On This Week!
- We will be going on our field trip to Gulf Quest next Wednesday, February 24th.
- Please continue to make sure your child is reading each night!
- Text and Graphic Features
- Words with ar
We are beginning our unit on Nonfiction writing. We will read mentor texts and observe different types of nonfiction.
Our grammar focus is Quotations.
- Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers Using Dimes and Pennies
- Subtracting Two Digit Numbers Without Using Dimes and Pennies
- Subtracting 6 Facts
- Solving a Problem by Guessing and Checking
- Covering the Same Design Different Ways Using Tangram Pieces
*Math Fact Assessment: Thursday, February 18th
*Math Written Assessment: Friday, February 19th
Science and Social Studies
High Frequency Words
Items Needed in the Classroom
Highlights from Class
Students practicing to present a Reader's Theater about Jan Brett's "The Hat" and "The Mitten".
Students presenting their Reader's Theater about Jan Brett's "The Hat" and "The Mitten".
Changes of Matter
We used cornstarch, water, and food coloring to observe changing states of matter!