STG Summer 2018 Musical Auditions!
Next to Normal and Shrek the Musical
Calling All Singers, Dancers, and Actors of All Ages!
Everyone MUST sign up for an audition time slot as well as complete & bring TWO copies of the audition form with them to their audition time.
Questions? Email Company Manager, Ginger Birch at email@example.com
Summer 2018 Musical Auditions
Monday, March 26th, 5pm to Wednesday, March 28th, 9pm
MCC-Longview Cultural Arts Center, Lee's Summit, MO, United States
Lee's Summit, MO
Next to Normal
Directed by Gabriel Livingston
Musical Direction by Becca Stabno
Performance Dates: June 15, 16, 22, 23, 24
Performs at MCC-Longview Cultural Arts Center
Cast Age Range: 16+
Shrek the Musical
Directed by Brad Rackers
Musical Direction by Ginger Birch
Performance Dates: August 10, 11, 12
Performs at Lee’s Summit West High School
Cast Age Range: 1st grade through Adults
March 26, March 27, March 28
5:00 pm (age 15 and under only), 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm
MCC-Longview Cultural Arts Center
500 SW Longview Rd. Lee's Summit, MO 64081
CALLBACKS: (by director invitation only)
Saturday, March 31
Shrek - time TBD
1:00 pm Next to Normal
IMPORTANT AUDITION INFORMATION
- Everyone MUST reserve an audition time at either 5:00 (age 15 and under only), 6:00, 7:00, or 8:00 pm on one of the audition dates listed above. Your audition will be complete within the hour time slot.
- Everyone is required to arrive 15-minutes prior to their audition time. Late arrivals may have to wait to be seen.
- Shrek auditioners must wear something comfortable as there will be a small dance combo after the singing portion. There will be no time to change clothes. Also bring tap shoes if you are interested in being a tap dancer!
- Walk-Ins are welcome, but will have to wait to be seen when there is an opening.
- Please note: All Shrek participants will be required to pay a costume rental fee. More details will be provided when available.
CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO AUDITION REGISTRATION
WHAT TO PREPARE
- For both shows: up to 32 bars of a Broadway style song that will showcase your vocal range and in your key. If your song is longer than 32 bars, you may be asked to stop singing before you are done. Please make sure your audition piece is memorized and bring a copy of the sheet music for the accompanist (who is provided) with your vocal part highlighted. No A Cappella singing or music from a device (i.e. CD, I-POD, MP3, etc.)
- For Next to Normal: 1-minute contemporary monologue
WHAT TO BRING
- 2 completed copies of the Printable Audition Form (found below) with a complete list of conflicts. Dedication and commitment to STG, the director, and fellow actors is of utmost importance. Regarding conflicts, please remember vacations and your summer schedule before auditioning, as these may be a factor in the casting process.
- 2 copies of Current resume (if available.)
- Headshots are welcome, but not required. Bring 2 copies if you have one.
- Tap Shoes - if interested in being a tap dancer for Shrek!
- If you are unable to attend auditions, a video submission will be accepted.
- Deadline for video submissions is March 25 and must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must include the following: a Broadway song, 1-minute contemporary monologue (if auditioning for Next to Normal), completed copy of the audition form attached in PDF format, headshot, and resume (if available.)
- If you are invited to callbacks, you must attend to be considered for casting.
FIND THIS INFORMATION in PDFs BELOW AS WELL AS ON OUR WEBSITE:
- Printable Audition Form
- Character Listings
- Tentative Rehearsal Schedules when available
For General Information & Auditions: Ginger Birch, email@example.com
For Next to Normal: Gabriel Livingston, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Shrek the Musical: Brad Rackers, email@example.com