TCA Activities Newsletter
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Notes from Coach Mitchell
In just a few short weeks we will be watching our kids compete in the playoffs for volleyball, football, and boys soccer. I encourage you to come out and continue to support all our student-athletes. I want to break formality this week a little bit by singling out a few specific people as well as one group of TCA students:
- The TCA Speech and Debate Team – was recently recognized for earning the 2021-22 Leading Chapter Award in the Colorado Grande District. This award is the highest recognition a school can receive from the National Speech and Debate Association. A total of 109 schools earned this award across the country last year.
- Emily Weaver – quick shout out to Emily for the work she does in the realm of Athletic Training. She has been very busy lately and I would like to recognize her for this. I greatly appreciate what she does along with Kevin Roberts and the UCHealth system.
- Justin Rich – Friday nights win over Englewood served as a special evening for Justin and the football program. Coach Rich is now the winningest coach in TCA football history. Congrats to Coach and the rest of the coaching staff for a job well done. All that being said, any good coach knows the real credit goes to the kids who play the game. Great job Titans and I hope Coach Rich can cherish this moment.
A quick reminder that the new protocol for eligibility starts this week. If a student has earned an ineligible status, he/she will not be able to practice or participate in any team activities for the week. If the grades are suffering somewhat, they need to spend time with their heads in the books.
The Winter sports of boys and girls basketball and wrestling is just around the corner. Please make sure to take care of your eligibility registration paperwork in a timely manner.
The Choir’s Fall Fermata is this Wednesday. I’m really looking forward to listening to our kids sing. Come out and support them with me.
Something new I want to try with the Newsletter is to include short YouTube vidoes that deal with a myriad of topics that discuss life. I hope you enjoy this one to start with.
A few points of interest that you need to be made aware of:
- Winter sport registration is open – PLEASE register early as it helps us operate in a timely fashion.
- Eligibility process – starting after Fall break, if a student has earned an ineligible status, they will not be able to practice or play for the next week. Pay attention to the purpose of the appeals process and its timeline.
- Parents of Junior High students – you must accompany your son/daughter to TCA high school events – there shouldn’t be any “drop-offs”…they need to be supervised.
Darron Mitchell, Athletic/Activities Director
High School Sports News
Winter Sports Registration is OPEN!!!
All registration requirements must be completed by 11/07/22 (one week prior to the first practice date of 11/14/22). Registration after this date must have special circumstances and approved by the Athletic Director. DO NOT BE LATE.
- A current physical is required before the start of the Winter season and must be good through the sports season you are registering for.
- All forms can be found on the TCA Activities website.
- College Pathway students and other non traditional TCA students must be assigned to TCA each year – we have to have a new assignment letter signed by D20 – no exceptions. If you have participated in sports at TCA in previous years, this won’t be an issue, but we must have a form for the 2022-23 school year. You must also complete an Eligibility Form indicating grade for the previous semester and that you are taking enough credits (2.5 Carnegie units) in the current semester to participate in Athletics. Both of these forms will need to be uploaded by the Family to their sports registration.
- The activity fee is required to be paid, or have a payment plan set up, the day before the first competition (including scrimmage). It can be paid on-line through Infinite Campus, by calling Finance at 488-6237 or a check dropped off to the Finance Office. Please communicate with the Athletic Director if there are monetary issues.
In observing our eligibility process for the last month or so, it is time for me to give some input and changes moving forward. The most significant change is that a student who has earned the status of ineligible (after an appeal) will not be allowed to practice, play, travel, etc. with the team for the entire following week. They need to go home at 3:00 at focus on their grades. TCA is built on academics first and we must hold our student-athletes and fine art students accountable. I’m informing you now that this will go into effect the week following Fall break.
TCA Titan Spirit Wear Store SALE!!!
Are you looking to sport your school spirit? Check out the TCA School Spirit Store! Use the code GEAR to get 20% off your purchase of $60 or more.
The Titans (5-0, 1-0 in Colorado 2A League IV) continue to roll handling Alameda 56 to 0 in front of a packed Homecoming crowd last Friday. TCA moves on to week 2 of their league slate as they face the Denver West Cowboys at All-City Stadium for the first time in program history. TCA will have a slightly different look offensively as senior quarterback TJ Herebic steps in to lead the Titans. Super sophomore QB Andrew Brown is unavailable due to prior family commitments. The offense is in great hands, TJ has averaged nearly 16 yards a carry with 2 touchdowns and throw a TD pass last week. Come and support TJ and the Titans on Saturday, kick-off is at 2pm.
Senior night last Tuesday was a special time for both the players and parents. It started with TCA defeating Mitchell 17-0 followed with a ceremony for the seniors and their parents. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered to help with the event. This week is the final set of games for both Varsity and Junior Varsity with JV playing their last game against Elizabeth and Varsity against Sand Creek.
Coach Contact Info
There is no glory in practice, but without practice, there is no glory.
In Season Coaches:
M & W Soccer Blake Galvin firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country Matt Norton email@example.com
Football Justin Rich firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheer Emily Tejada email@example.com
Softball Wyatt Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Off Season Coaches:
W Basketball Frank Haist email@example.com
M Basketball : Kevin Wenger firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Head Coach Sean Collins for all wrestling questions! (For all levels)
Track Tim Daggett email@example.com
Baseball Bart Jennings firstname.lastname@example.org
**CONTACT YOUR COACH TO BE ON THEIR EMAIL LIST!!
We are now up and running to view games via the nfhsnetwork! It is a subscription service so it won't be free like youtube. It is a monthly auto renew. It also gives parents and fans an opportunity to watch any sport across the country that uses the system. Only one usable device per subscription, so if shared, it won't allow multiple users at the same time.
ATHLETIC TRAINER'S CORNER
Athletic Trainers are like icebergs, at any one time you are only seeing about 1/10 of what they are actually doing. – t-shirt
Introduction to Athletic Training at TCA CLICK HERE
Emily Weaver: Our Athletic Trainer is on campus every day after school. You can contact her in the trainer's room or email at email@example.com
Diabetes Newsletter: Click Below
FINE ARTS NEWS
SECONDARY CHOIR NEWS
Here is the ticketing link to reserve your seats for Fall Fermata: https://www.payschoolsevents.com/events/details/22084
“The first time I sang in the church choir, 200 people changed their religion!” anonymous
TCA ACTIVITIES OFFICE CONTACT INFORMATION
Assistant Activities/Athletics Director