Start your phlebotomy career with Butte County ROP
Apply to participate in Butte County ROP's Phlebotomy Technician Program
In this class students learn to draw blood specimens from patients as requested by hospitals and referring physicians.
The curriculum includes infection control, universal precautions, anatomy and physiology of body systems with emphasis on circulatory systems, skin preparation and punctures, laboratory tests, terminology, specimen handling and age-specific patient needs.
This class prepares students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the National Exam for Certified Phlebotomy Technician and apply to become a California State Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
This program will be offered three times this school-year:
- Fall: September 4, 2018 through November 15, 2018
- Winter: January 8, 2019 through March 21, 2019
- Spring: April 9, 2019 through June 20, 2019
This program does not qualify for financial aid.
Find out more at: https://cte.bcoe.org/phlebotomy.html
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- TB clearance and Hepatitis B immunization required
- Recommended Prerequisites: One year of experience in the health care field or successful completion of Medical Assistant, Administrative Medical Assistant, Certified Nurse Assistant or training or college level science
- Find out more at: https://cte.bcoe.org/phlebotomy.html
- Class is a combination of lecture, laboratory and community classroom experiences
- Please check our website for upcoming class dates and times.