March 7, 2023
"Where it's always a great day to be a Bison!"
A Note from Ms. Marlatt
We had a lot going on the past month at Second Creek. We all read Hooper Finds a Family together. The book brought us many wonderful opportunities to learn about dogs and their work (we visited with rescue puppies, K-9 Search and Rescue and a therapy dog). We ended our month-long event Zooming with the author. It was great! Thank you for participating at home and engaging your student with reading! We are already thinking about what book to read next year!
We celebrated all the students who showed amazing Never Give Up attitude in our Bison S.T.R.O.N.G. Parade (shared below!).
Our PTO put together an EPIC Glow Dance Party for us. I hope you got to come and participate in the fun! Thank you PTO!
We also celebrated Read Across America on 3/02. We are so thankful for so many community members and parents who came and read to our students. Our staff dressed up as book characters and every student had a book in hand that day.
We joined our 2nd graders for their Patriotic music program. It was wonderful! Ms. McCown and the kids really put on a show!
Finally, on Friday, we celebrated 100 Days of School with our Kindergarten and 1st graders. It was a great event and kids are 100 days smarter!
Now we are getting ready for Parent-Teacher Connections. We look forward to celebrating your children and all the progress they made. Sign Up links should have made it to your email on Friday. If you did not get an email, please contact your classroom teacher or the office as soon as possible!
After Spring Break we will have CMAS for 3rd to 5th Graders. More information on this will come to you soon.
We consider it a privilege to serve you and your children everyday.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
P.S. - Our next BisoNews will come our April 4th!
Dinner at Wendy's - TONIGHT ONLY!
Coming Soon! Second Creek Talent Show!
- Permission slips will be sent out sometime next week, and are due back March 17th. Please turn these in to the school office.
- March 30th - 3:35pm-4:45pm - Try-Outs
- April 20th - 3:35pm-4:45pm - Rehearsal
- April 21st - 2:30pm-3:15pm - Talent Show (Students Only) 5:00pm - 6:00pm - Talent Show (Family and Friends)
Snow Days = Remote Learning Days for the rest of 22-23 School Year - a reminder!
1. Communication from our district - you will receive an email, text and dialer about the closures. Make sure your information is updated in Infinite Campus!
2. Communication from Second Creek - we will also send a dialer, with expectations, schedules and links for your student to participate in remote learning.
3. Communication from your classroom teacher - your classroom teacher will also communicate with you. An email will be sent with information.
If we think the district might call a snow day, we will send Chromebooks home (kindergarten -3rd Grade) just in case. Having the Chromebooks does not mean the following day will be a remote learning day. Please wait for the confirmation from the district.
We will NOT be sending home a power charger for the Chromebooks (for K-3) only. The Chromebooks will be charged and will last for Remote Learning. Please keep an eye on the device and do not allow your student to use the device until learning time in order to preserve power.
Please send all Chromebooks back to school when we are given the okay to return.
Please call us at school if you have any questions.
Kindergarten Round Up
If you are a returning family to Second Creek, you know our parking lot is small and needs special care during morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Thank you for contributing to the overall safety of our staff and students!
If you are a new family to Second Creek, please read the information below carefully. Staff (and sometimes Commerce City police) are out during morning drop off and afternoon dismissal to make sure everyone is safe.
Parents, it is very important that we do not park on the bus lane before or after school. Blocking the bus causes delays that go beyond our school.
Here are a few reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures. You know that Commerce City police pops in once in a while and issue tickets to vehicles that are not following our safety rules... so please make sure you are doing what you can do keep our students and staff safe!
- No parked cars in the "no parking zone" - which is by the sidewalk from the beginning of the parking lot all the way to the front doors. This is a fire lane and also a bus lane. There is NO PARKING anytime. Only drop off or pick up. We have noticed many cars parked waiting for the school to open in the morning, blocking the bus and causing lines of cars that go all the way outside the parking lot. Please drop off your student and go - no parking.
- Same rules apply for pick up after school.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am for breakfast eaters and 7:35am for non breakfast eaters. We do not have supervision for students who are dropped off before these times.
- Students must be picked up at 3:30pm every day. We do not have staff to supervise students after school.
- Let us know if you need information about our before and after-school program.
- Please only use the handicap parking if you have a handicap license.
- The Staff of the Month parking is for staff only at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS!
We appreciate your cooperation!
A shout out to our sponsors!
The Landing Place Church
The Landin Place Church has donated brand new playground equipment to our student. They have donated our blue safety vests that staff wears. They gave also donated goodies and burritos to feed all of our staff.