Jaguar Tracks for Families
March 2, 2021
Joshua Eaton Reminders:
- Doors open & students begin to sign on @ 8:10
- Morning Work @ 8:10 -8:25
- School starts @ 8:25
- The dismissal bell rings @ 2:45
- Car tags must be hung on car visor or placed on the dash of the car to pick up car riders
- Send a note with your student if changing transportation home
- Students receive a free lunch every day
For families who are walking home via Oak St, please be sure to stay on the sidewalks as you leave JE to help keep everyone safe!!
Joshua Eaton Lunch Menu
9:00 1st – Byrnes, Varghese
9:30 3rd – Emery, Lewis
10:00 3rd - McGevna
9:00 1st - McQuillin
9:30 4/5 – Callan, Johnston
10:00 4/5 – Tierney, Derosier, Donlon
- March 11th - Term 2 ends
- March 26th - Report Cards distributed & Professional Day for Staff (No School for students)
Joshua Eaton PTO News
Sick of Quarantine Cooking?!?
We will be collecting favorite recipes from families (& teachers!) and creating the first-ever, Joshua Eaton Cookbook! Proceeds will support the PTO, so gather your tried-and-true recipes and share one or two using this form (please keep your recipes in the format provided and go to File>Make a Copy to share your recipe). Interested in helping out? We're looking for help from anyone who is familiar with graphic design, as well as for help with collating the recipes.
Please contact: email@example.com. Thanks so much!
Calareso's Spring Fundraiser Coming Up - Stay Tuned!
Joshua Eaton News
Elementary Parent Survey for Third Marking Period
- There are two clarifications that we would like to make regarding the Elementary Parent Survey. First, we would like all families to complete one survey per elementary child regardless if your child (ren) are staying in the same model. Because of the changes that may happen during the third marking period, we need every family to respond. In addition, when we are asking if you would like to have your child attend full in person school please assume that the physical distancing between desks in the classroom will be less than six feet and could be as low as three feet. We plan on maintaining all other safety and health procedures that have been put in place. If you have already completed the survey and would like to change your answer, just simply complete the survey again and put in the comment box at the end that you responded earlier, but you would like this survey used instead of the first response. Please complete this survey link no later than Friday, March 5th so we can make the necessary changes.
Office of Student Services
We hope everyone is feeling rested after February break and that you were able to spend some time with your families! As we move into the month of March, we wanted to share the Student Services Office Hours for the upcoming month. Please use the link to the DOODLE Poll to select a time to meet with us.
The purpose of Office Hours is to meet with the Director and Assistant Director of Student Services to ask questions, express concerns or to share personal experiences of your student. These are optional meetings and are not team meetings. We've enjoyed these opportunities and look forward to continuing connecting with families during office hours.
Prior to your scheduled time, a ZOOM link will be sent to you via email. Please be sure to include your email address when you sign up!
If you have any questions regarding Office Hours, please contact Allison Wright, Assistant Director of Student Services @ Allison.Wright@reading.k12.ma.us.
Office Hours for March 2021
- Wednesday 3/3 @9:00-10:00 am
- Tuesday 3/9 @ 1:00-2:00 pm
- Thursday 3/18 @ 11:00-12:00 pm
- Monday 3/22 @ 10:30-11:30 am
- Wednesday 3/31 @ 9:00-10:00 am
Link to the Doodle Poll to sign up for Office Hours:
Assistant Director of Student Services
Reading Public Schools
Reading, MA 01867
Student Absences - IMPORTANT
There are two ways to do that prior to 7:45 am of the morning the student is absent:
1. Call 781-942-9161, Dial 1 - leave a message
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
JE School Supply Pick-Up - Next Pick-up March 4th
From the Desk of Mrs. Trevejo, School Nurse
Pooled Testing for our kindergarten students will begin tomorrow. We will have an outside vendor coming by to test the students between 10 am and 12 pm. Mrs. Ippolito and I will oversee the process and will be there to support our students. Please remember that you will only be notified of results if your child’s pool is positive. If that occurs, we will be in touch with further instructions. Results are expected to be back by Friday.
Social Story: Below is a Social Story that will be shared at school with students. We wanted our families to have it as well for home.
Thank you for your support with this initiative. If you have any questions, please reach out to me directly - email@example.com.
SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council)
Please join the SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council) at our next business meeting on
Tuesday, March 9, 2021, at 7:00 PM!
New business for this meeting includes an update from our reading/literacy subcommittee and a brief presentation by
Alice Gomez, School Psychologist,
on community resources, followed by a parent discussion regarding the same.
Please join us for this presentation and discussion and feel free to share any
additional resources that you think other parents may find helpful.
All are welcome!
This meeting will be held virtually, via Zoom.
Join us for our next
VIRTUAL SEPAC MEETING
on Tuesday, March 9th at 7 PM.
Meeting link: Join Zoom Meeting
All are welcome and ENCOURAGED to attend!
Connect with SEPAC by clicking these links:
- Join SEPAC's mailing list by emailing SEPACREADING@gmail.com
- Follow SEPAC on Facebook (please adjust settings so that you are sure to see our posts)
- Visit SEPAC’s website
The mission of the Reading Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is to work for the understanding of, respect for, and support of, all children with special needs in the community.
Massachusetts Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program’s Yard Sign Design Contest
The Massachusetts Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program’s Yard Sign Design Contest is a way for students to use their creativity to help promote safe roads for cyclists and pedestrians in their communities.
Here’s how: Students create and submit a design for a yard sign that brings awareness to being safe and being seen – as a pedestrian and/or a cyclist. We want the students to focus their designs on wearing bright/reflective clothing, wearing helmets, using crosswalks, and/or being aware of traffic, especially in and around school zones.
Please see the official rules in the handout below.
Superintendent Virtual Office Hours
- Just a reminder, that Dr. Doherty is holding the Superintendent Virtual Office Hours. Office hours will be scheduled in 20 minutes blocks of time on Microsoft Teams. If you would like to schedule an office hour, please complete this link.
RPS Food Distribution
Family Support Resources
Please be reminded of these amazing resources, if your family is in need:
- RPS Behavioral Health Resources linked here.
- Town of Reading: compiled resources linked here.
- RCASA and Mental Health Support linked here.
- St. Vincent de Paul linked here.
- Free & Reduced lunch access: sign up here.
- Reading Food Pantry linked here.
- Project Bread link here.
- Residential Financial Assistance (Rent/Mortgage) link here. (New resource! Check it out!)