Grant Family Focus
Monday, October 19th
As we begin to set up our Spotlight visits, keep in mind these are the two practices we are "Spotlighting" for our visits: (Thank you Chris Steinpreis for all of your hard work!)
- Grant School Spotlight: Teaching & Learning: Grant Elementary School has been recognized by the state of Wisconsin for implementation of best practices in academic intervention. Visitors will have the opportunity to observe several best practices in Response to Intervention (RtI). This will include observation of the Gradual Release of Responsibility (GRR) workshop model during classroom literacy blocks across several grade levels, as well as observation of Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 instruction.
- Grant School Spotlight: Vision, Values, Culture & School Climate: Visitors will also have the opportunity to observe our school culture, specifically our focus on Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS)/Character Education. The school counselor and a representative from our school’s PBIS committee will give visitors background on our school’s efforts to integrate PBIS, Character Education and academics into a seamless school-wide culture.
Wednesday Grade Level Meetings
2:15-3:00 Formative Assessment Exploration
3:00-4:15- Time for ELA, Math discussions, SLO's or other- based on what your team needs.
Please read the article, All About Assessment (click below or open the attached pdf in this email) prior to Wednesday.
Fall Harvest Night
Field Trip Volunteers
This was just shared with me at Thursday principal meeting, so if we did not obtain this in the past and parents have questions, feel free to direct them to me. This form will have us do a background check, so we would need lead time for parents fill it out. Let me know if we have any questions.
Honoring School Wide Times
- Formative Assessment and Building Team Meeting
- SLO Coach Jenny Burhop will be here. No formal team time. You may use your time to meet with Jenny.
- PBIS Committee 2:15-3:15/ Academic Committee Prep
- Academic Committee 3:15-4:15/ PBIS Committee Prep
- (We will switch next month with Academic first; PBIS second)
- 9:00-1:00 Kathy Lyngaas and DPI will visit as part of Spotlight Grant
- No School (but building will be open/ hours TBD)