ESOL Strategies for MDPT Success
Dr. Gillespie Shares On Demand Writing Strategies for ESOL
Mark your calendar for September 23, 2015!
Become an independent host site! It only takes 5 or more participants!
Benefits of Host-Sites
- No travel expenses!
- Excellent opportunity to learn MDPT strategies for ESL and Non-ESL Students alike
- Can use Title III Funds to pay for registration ($125/person for SWPRSC Members, $140/person for Non-Members)
Deadline to register to be a host site is Friday, September 18th.
Have questions? Need more information? Call us at (800) 728-1022!
Multi-Disciplinary Performance Tasks and ESOL
This workshop is designed to provide teachers professional learning around On Demand Writing (MDPT) with an emphasis on ESOL strategies. Attendees will learn about On-Demand in general, but will specifically examine the MDPT writing tasks and rubrics with ESOL emphasis. Participants will experience hands-on application with sample MDPT writing tasks and rubrics as appropriate by grade-span.
Objectives of The Day
- Extend the knowledge of On Demand/MPDT Writing and how it will be included in the Kansas State Assessment
- Identify ESOL instructional strategies that can be implemented in Science, History/Government, and ELA to support On Demand instruction for student success
- Identify On Demand ESOL writing resources
- Identify experiences within their own classroom in which On Demand Writing would be an excellent instructional choice
- Have a thorough understanding of the On Demand Writing Rubrics: Narrative, Expository/Informational; and Opinion/Argumentative.