Summerour Blue Devil Blast
Volume 2, Issue 5 - August 19, 2022
- August 27 - GCYS/Kendall Orchestra Audition @Hull MS
- August 30 - Title I Meeting & Curriculum Night
- September 2 - Progress Reports Go Home
- September 5 - Labor Day - No School
- September 16 - Digital Learning Day #1
- September 22 - Bingo for Books Family Night
- September 22 - Theatre Arts Improv Night
- September 24 - JLC @ Snellville MS
- October 5 - Progress Reports Go Home
- October 6, 7, 10 - Fall Break - No School
PTA First Meeting
Join the Summerour Middle School PTA today
Joining the PTA is a great way to support OUR students, OUR teachers, OUR school and OUR community!
Thursday, August 25, 2022
(or via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/95058936215)
(or call in 470-381-2552)
Meeting ID: 95058936215#
*We will be electing new officers for the 2022 – 2023 school year
8th Grade Counselors:
Robin Blackwell, Robin.Blackwell@gcpsk12.org
Kimberly Blackshear, Kimberly.Blackshear@gcpsk12.org
8th Grade Assistant Principal:
Christy Gray, Christian.Gray@gcpsk12.org
8th Grade Clerk:
Faby Silva, Faby.Silva@gcpsk12.org
Check out these stellar students! They are in a special program called Gear Up that allows students to complete their 8th and 9th grade year, so they will enter high school as a 10th grader!
Need A Parent Portal Account?
Parent Portal accounts are granted only to adults listed as parents or guardians in the child's file. If you registered your child and did not register your spouse as a parent/guardian, your spouse will not be able to get a portal account.
To get a portal account, download an application off of this page, fill it out and bring it to the school with a photo ID (driver's license, passport, state-issued ID). This must be done in person, so we can verify your identity and protect your child's data.
Walkers, Car Riders, and the Bus Lane
If you want to have your child be a car-rider or a walker, you must fill out our walker/rider form.
- Open and print the form image below
- Bring it in to the school to get your child on the walker/rider list
Meal Information 2022 - 2023
- GCPS offers healthy and delicious meals for our students. Due to the expiration of USDA Covid-19 waivers, students will now be charged for meals based on their individual eligibility for 2022-2023.
- Please take the time to apply for Free or Reduced Lunch for your child. You can access the 2022 - 2023 Meal Application online. New applications are required each school year.
- Breakfast Prices: $1.50 (Full Pay); $0.30 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Lunch Prices: $2.50 (Full Pay); $0.40 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Milk Only Full Pay: Breakfast and Lunch ($0.40)
Polo Shirts are Back in Stock!
Uniform dress code policy:
• Slacks and skirts should be tan, black or blue
• Shirts must be collared and light blue, dark blue, or white
• Hats and hoods are off during the school day
Please visit the Media Center if you need to purchase uniforms through the Gumdrops vendor, or if you have questions about uniforms. You are NOT required to get uniforms from the vendor.
Our Parent Center is located on our first floor, so it's easy to get to. Come check in at the front office, then use the Parent Center to volunteer, check-out resources, and get engaged!
My Payments Plus
All parents MUST go onto My Payments Plus to sign off on required documents: from Title I acknowledgements to Student Handbook Acceptance.
Of course, while you are there you can also pay for meals, pay school fees, etc., but EVERYONE must use My Payments Plus to sign off on our required documents.
- Digital Forms: Eliminate paperwork by completing forms and signing school documents online
- Meals & Autopay: Pay for meals, view cafeteria purchases, receive low balance alerts, or enroll in autopay
- Student Account Management: Gain 24/7 access to school payments & history for all your students in one place
- Products & Events: Browse products available for purchase and sign your student up for school events
Go to our Parent Resources page on the website and click on "Signing Docs & Making Payments" about 1/2 way down. You'll see a description and links for assistance.
Norcross, GA 30071