Weekly Newsletter for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
We will have our annual United Way Meeting on Tuesday, so please note that I have moved the staff meeting from Monday to Tuesday. All staff is expected to attend. Coaches please make arrangements with me to watch the video and get the information.
Please begin to make parent contact with those parents that students will fail for the 4th six weeks. If you send an email and do not get a response back, then you will need to call that parent. No contact = No Failures!
Staff Meeting ~ ALL Employees Must Attend
This year, there will be participation incentives, so please jump on board, as the district has set a GOAL to raise funds for United Way of Lubbock. Every person who donates will be entered to win an iPad mini, a $100 United gift card, or a $50 Tinseltown gift card, AND, the campus/department with the HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF PARTICIPATION will win a visit from the Sheridan's treat cart! The total amount donated will not factor into this, just that you have the highest percentage of employees participating.
The Lubbock Area United Way is in the business of creating meaningful and tangible impact in our community. We help bring the community together to look at the most urgent needs and do whatever it takes to improve lives. We work to address the needs today and the issues of tomorrow. Research shows that quick-fix solutions addressing the symptoms of issues are not effective, we must address the root causes of problems in order to create lasting, positive change.
We are about people empowering people. We care deeply about the individual lives that are changed. And, we care about improving the overall quality of life in this community. The Lubbock Area United Way stands for hope and optimism.
We hold ourselves accountable, not just for action, but also for results. Lubbock Area United Way is driven by the commitment to make a real difference in the community we serve.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION GIVING OUT TEACHER GRANTS
CONGRATULATIONS TO LCMS EMPLOYEES NOMINATED FOR THIS MONTH'S GOLD AWARD
Congratulations to Vanessa Hopkins for being invited to represent all of the employees at this month's Board meeting.
The card, the lollipop, and the delivery are all together only $1.00 and will go on sale in the cafteria during lunch beginning on Wednesday, Febraury 3.
So, "show the love" and buy a Valogram to send to your friends, your teachers, your sweetheart, or even yourself!
Out and About in the Classroom's of LCMS
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Week of February 1-5 - National School Counselor's Week
- Monday, February 1 - Groundhog Day
- Monday, February 1 - Staff Meeting MOVED to TUESDAY!
- Monday, February 1 - Boys Basketball vs Dunbar @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:15pm)
- Monday, February 1 - Girls Basketball vs Dunbar @ Dunbar (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Monday, February 1 - Happy Birthday Morgan Thompson
- Tuesday, February 2 - Staff Meeting in Auditorium (3:55pm)
- Tuesday, February 2 - Happy Birthday Mary Angell
- Wednesday, February 3 - ARD Meetings - AM ONLY
- Wednesday, February 3 - Valograms Sales Begin during grade level lunches
- Thursday, February 4 - 8th grade Scheduling during Math Labs (only those that have not enter a schedule in Career Cruising)
- Thursday, February 4 - Saturday February 6 - "A" Team Boys Basketball Tourn (TBA)
- Thursday, February 4 - Saturday February 6 - "A" Team Girls Basketball Tourn (LBMS)
- Friday, February 5 - Regional Science Fair at USA (All Day)
- Saturday, February 6 - Regional Science Fair Awards at USA (9am)
- Wednesday, February 10 - ARD Meetings - AM ONLY
- Wednesday, February 10 - Ash Wednesday
- Thursday, February 11 - Boys Basketball vs Frenship MS @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:15pm)
- Thursday, February 11 - Girls Basketball vs Frenship MS @ Frenship MS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Friday, February 12 - End of 4th Six Weeks
- Friday, February 12 - Valograms deliverd to students!
- Friday, February 12 - Early Dismissal/Teacher Campus PD
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine Dance (7pm-10pm) - Need parent HELP!
- Sunday, February 14 - Valentines Day
- Monday, February 15 - Boys Basketball vs LBMS @ LBMS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Monday, Februaray 15 - President's Day
- Monday, February 15 - 5th Six Weeks Begin
- Thursday, February 18 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)