Important Changes to LORI Certification Schedule Affecting Current and Potential ILL Schools
The window for LORI Certification has been changed to July 15 - September 30. The addition of fifteen days is to assist RI school libraries with completion of LORI Certification. OLIS will use Counting Opinions’ LibPAS survey tool for the LORI Certification.
- June – early September 2020 - Training on LibPAS
- July 1, 2020 - LORI Certification login credentials sent to libraries
- July 15-September 15, 2020 - LORI Certification (academic, school, hospital, and special libraries)
- September 16 – September 30, 2020 - Extended LORI Certification period for RI school libraries as necessary - (school libraries will not be eligible for delivery until LORI Certification is completed)
The OLIS School Year Survey will be moved from the beginning of September to May.
More details are available on the OLIS website.
Stay tuned for newsletter and listserv announcements. Contact Karen with any questions.
Posting Usernames & Passwords
A possible solution to providing passwords is a pass-protected Google doc students and teachers can access.
Libraries who have purchased databases should remove specific usernames and passwords from any public access sites as well. Please review your vendor agreements as to potential penalties for posting this information.
Destiny Discover Updates
- Awards information may now be viewed in the Simplified view. To see the Awards click on the Awards link. The Awards link appears only if you set up Awards to show (in Destiny Classic), and the title has associated awards.
- Search Options can now be enabled in the Simplified view. In Destiny Discover open the hamburger menu and select Setup/Display Options/ Versions & Themes. Locate the Role using the Simplified version and select the option Show Search Options in Simplified. Students may then complete a customized search.
Another change is related to Learning Links. A setting in Destiny Classic may be adding links to your Destiny Discover Learning Links automatically. If you "discover" links in your Destiny Discover Learning Links that you have not added through Setup/Display Options/ Featured Content, you will need to turn off a feature in Destiny Classic.
- Go to Catalog/ Search Setup/ Enriched Content Searches
- Click on One Search Database Information
- Click on Edit Databases.
- Locate the database in question and click Edit.
- Deselect the option Display in Destiny Discover Homepage Links Section and then Save.
Please contact us with any questions you may have or help you may need using the RILINK Help Request Form.
What Does an Access Level Do?
- Access Levels control privileges in using Destiny while Patron Types determine which materials a patron may borrow, renewals, loan periods and fines.
- Access Levels control which pages they see and which Destiny functions they can use.
Access Levels have already been set up in your site's Back Office for Library Administrator, Patron (student), Teacher, Substitute, and Blended Learning. You can make changes to these Access Levels as needed for your patrons.
Check out the RILINK web site at https://guides.rilink.org/beyond_help/AccessLevels for further information on this topic and search for Access Levels in Destiny Online Help. For questions, please use our Help Form at https://guides.rilink.org/beyond_help/request.
Rhode Island Author Chosen for Reading Across Rhode Island
RILINK is looking for a volunteer member library with high school students to house two paperback copies and an audio MP3 on CD in its collection, loaning them out to member libraries as needed. Please contact Dorothy if your school would be interested in housing and sharing these copies via interlibrary loan. Please note that the Kids Reading Across Rhode Island title has not yet been selected.
New Curriculum Resource for Exploring Nature Science Education Resource
"Hibernation, WinterStorms, Genetics, Standards Resources for K-12 from Exploring Nature" curriculum resource was sent to the RILINK list as an attachment on January 5. Please download it to share with your teachers.
Check Out Library Extension
RILINK Schools Spotlight
Wondering how your colleagues are using RILINK Schools (LibGuides CMS) to promote what they do in their library? Check out the RILINK Schools homepage at https://guides.rilinkschools.org . View the list by Library, Librarian, or Guides. On All Guides view the list is in alphabetical order, by most recent or by most visits (Number represents views since January 1). Click on any link to visit the site. Have questions about having a site for your library? Contact Sharon for details.
A newsletter for RILINK Schools users is being launched this month with more detailed information for current users. Click here to view the Winter Newsletter.