River Mill Elementary - April 28, 2023
Dear River Mill Families,
We hope you are enjoying the first really warm day of the season. It finally feels like spring! One of our favorite events is welcoming the new kindergarten class to River Mill. We had 40 members of the Class of 2031 participate in this event. If you know of any pre-school age children, turning five before the end of August, please let them know enrollment is open! Having accurate numbers ensures we have enough staff to make the learning environment successful for all kids.
May is mental health awareness month! In the last few years we have seen a dramatic increase in the need for student support and mental health experts. Being aware that you need help can often be the first step! Should you need school level resources, please see the flyer further down in this newsletter for our school counselors' and social worker's information.
Principal, River Mill Elementary
This Week's Schedule
- May 1st: Regular School Day - C is to Celebrate Summer Birthdays!
- May 2nd: Regular School Day - D is for Desk Day - to be cleaned or maybe change seats
- May 3rd: Regular School Day - E is for Exercise - wear exercise clothes!
- May 4th: Regular School Day - E is for Funny - tell a funny joke!
- May 5th: REID Day, by invitation only
- May 9th: Music Concerts (K-2nd, 5:00 - 6:00pm, 3rd-5th, 6:30-7:30pm) @ Estacada Middle School, Home Town Ticket required at entry
- May 12: REID Day
- May 15th - May 19th: May Break: No School
- May 26th: REID Day
- May 29th: No School, Memorial Day
- June 2nd: Regular School Day
- June 9th: REID Day
- June 15th: Last Full Day of School
- June 16th: Last REID Day
State Testing Continues
Our Attendance for April was over 90%, keep it up!
Please return Technology Devices & Chargers
Illness & Returning to School
This Month's Standard of Excellence
My School Bucks - Meal Service Payment System
My School Bucks is an online payment service that provides parents the ability to securely pay for meals, monitor student cafeteria purchases, and receive email notifications for low account balances.
Please note: currently, a convenience fee of $2.75 will be applied for each transaction.
All transactions are processed and applied to students' accounts nightly.
To enroll, please click the link below and have your student's ID number handy.
My School Bucks can be accessed via the link below: https://login.myschoolbucks.com/users/register/getsignup.action?login_hint=&clientID=schoolbucks