THE VALLEY VIEW
Home of the Explorers: Mid-Summer Edition
Welcome to a special summer edition of the Valley View!
Beginning in September, our families will receive their Valley View weekly newsletters on Fridays at 2:00 pm delivered to your email inboxes. These newsletters always contain important information about the 'happenings' around school so be sure to take some time weekly to keep yourself current. When in doubt...check your newsletter. Wishes for warm summer days that are filling up with lots of positive memories.
Explore, Grow, & Soar,
Dr. Karen Russo, Principal at Pleasant Valley
Mrs. Christine Fellona, Assistant Principal at Pleasant Valley
Save the Dates
First Day of School: for the 2023-2024 academic school year will be on Thursday, September 7, 2023. Click HERE for the full day schedule.
Open House Back to School Night:
- Monday, September 18th: Fourth and Fifth Grade @7pm
- Tuesday, September 19th: Sixth Grade @7pm
CLASS PLACEMENTS FOR THE 2023-2024
Real Time Parent Portal Opening: It is anticipated that the Real Time portal for class placements will be opening on August 25th. Parents will have access to their child's teacher and their child's transportation information at that time.
We ask our Explorer families to re-check transportation information the night before school begins, September 6th, due to any last minute scheduling changes.
GENERAL 2023-2024 SUPPLY LISTS
It is recommended that each learner brings a labeled backpack, lunchbox, refillable water bottle, and coat to school.
Check out the website HERE for other suggestions regarding supplies.
- Cost: Student Lunch Price is $3.15 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- ID Numbers: All students utilize their student identification number to purchase lunch. Don't worry! Teachers and our cafeteria staff have your little ones' number readily on hand. There are many happy faces available to help your child with the routine and simple procedures.
- Microwaves: Microwaves are not available to heat up your child's lunch. Please utilize an appropriate insulated thermos if packing items that need to stay warm.
- Refrigerators: Refrigerators are not available to keep every child's lunch cold. Please utilize an ice pack if packing items that need to stay cool.
- Food Delivery: Lunch deliveries from local restaurants and/or fast food restaurants for an individual student's daily lunch are not permitted for this school year. We make sure all of our Explorers have lunch and full bellies to tackle their afternoon.