Ms. Crisp's Weekly Newsletter
May 23rd - 27th
What's Happening This Week?
Happy Monday, everybody!! We've got a big week ahead of us - EOGs are THIS WEEK on Wednesday and Thursday (the 25th and 26th). It's so so SO important that your child is present and on time those days! I would also like to stress the importance of a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast on those days! It can make a world of difference!
Another thing that can make a big testing difference? The attitude of the adults in a child's life! It's important for parents to be calm about testing, but encourage their student to do their best. Your child has been working hard and learning all year - they've got this test in the bag!
Side note, our classroom really needs tissues for the first time in pretty much the entire year, so any donations would be very much appreciated!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Daily 5: Review review review! (And, as always, building up stamina to be better readers and writers.)
- Reading Groups: Deciphering and summarizing non-fiction texts.
- Science: Finishing up states of matter!
- Math: Review review review! (Mainly, three-digit subtraction and multiple-step problems.)
Help! We're really beginning to run low on:
- Pencil erasers
- Lined notebook paper
We can always use more snack! Some great snack options are:
Cheez-its or Cheese Nips
Animal crackers (not frosted)
Fruits and veggies (dried or otherwise)
Individually packaged snacks, like granola bars or portion bags of popcorn
- Any kind of healthy snack that I can give out to the whole class!
Thank you for your generosity!