Mr. Posick's Friday Thoughts
June 7, 2013
Today was Celebration Day, a day that the students and staff celebrate a great year by being outside, physically active, and enjoying a fun-filled day with our friends. An undertaking such as this cannot be done without the leadership of some great people. I would like to personally thank Mr. Pomeroy, Miss Luberda, Mrs. Monson, and Mrs. Bradley for their tireless efforts in preparing for the day. Thanks to Mr. Netteshiem and our custodial crew for their invaluable assistance. Thanks to Mrs. Jewel and our lunch staff for accommodating us with our ever-changing plans for lunch hours. Last, but not least, thanks to the parent volunteers who are always more than willing to help us out with anything we might need.
Last week of school
Next week is our final week of the school year. There are some important dates and reminders for the week.
- On Tuesday, June 11th, we will have our 8th grade Merton only dance from 7:00-9:30. Please contact me (email@example.com) if you would like to help chaperone.
- On Wednesday, June 12th, we will have our annual awards assembly in the morning followed by 8th grade graduation practice. 8th graders will be dismissed close to 12:00. No bus transportation is provided. This is a full day for our 4th-7th graders!
- 8th grade graduation is Wednesday, June 12th at 7:00 in the gym. The doors to the gym open at 6:00 for seating.
- Thursday, June 13th is the final day of school. Students will be dismissed at 12:00. Bus transportation will be provided.
- Final grades will be posted on Friday, June 21st.
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. Summer is right around the corner, but we still have a lot to do before next Thursday! Thank you for your continued support of Merton Schools!