DOLPHIN DIGEST 1/12/20
Community Newsletter for Arleta School
Traducción disponible Vaya al final del boletín y haga clic en el botón de traducción.
Dịch có sẵn Chuyển xuống cuối bản tin và nhấp vào nút dịch.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Jan. 13: Bread Day at 2:30
- Jan. 13: Free Adult English Classes start
- Jan. 14: PTA Meeting 6pm | Library
- Jan. 14 & 15: Theater Club Auditions 5:30 | Auditorium
- Jan. 17: FREE Family Movie Night 6pm | Cafeteria
- Jan. 20: NO SCHOOL MLK Jr. Day (No Bread Day)
- Jan. 21: SUN Winter Term begins
- Jan. 27: NO SCHOOL Teacher Planning Day (No Bread Day)
Please join us at the next PTA meeting on Tuesday the 14th at 6pm in the library. We'll hear from Principal John Horn with an update on the school's master schedule changes and additional support systems implemented for supporting students academically and behaviorally.
Also, come out to our first FREE Family Movie Night on January 17th at 6pm in the cafeteria. Bring your blankets, pillows and camp chairs to get cozy while we play Abominable. There will also be popcorn and concessions for sale. PLEASE NOTE: This is an unsupervised event and parents need to attend with their students.
Thank you for supporting the Arleta PTA!
Tuesday, Jan. 14th, 6-7:30pm
Arleta School Library
**FREE PIZZA & CHILDCARE**
* Updates from our Playground and Visual Arts Committees
* Give Oregon Spring Campaign
* Laurelwood Shelter Volunteer Project
* Teacher Grants results
* Principal updates on master schedule changes and student support models
BREAD DAY IS HAPPENING AT 2:30 IN THE CAFETERIA MONDAY!
DID YOU KNOW ARLETA HAS A SOLAR ROOF?
SAFETY REMINDER: 20 IS PLENTY
Click the buttons below for Kellogg & Franklin updates...
NO COST WAYS TO SUPPORT ARLETA
The Arleta PTA participates in THREE no-cost shopping rewards programs - Fred Meyer Community Rewards, AmazonSmile and Bottle Drop.
1. By linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card to the Arleta PTA and scanning your rewards card when you shop, a percentage of your purchase goes to the PTA. Sign up here. (And you'll still get your cash back rewards!)
2. Amazon has a similar program, called AmazonSmile. Select "Arleta School PTA" as your charitable organization to receive donations when you shop Amazon. Once you sign up, just go to smile.amazon.com to do your usual Amazon shopping. While there is no app, you can create a shortcut on your phone by going to smile.amazon.com in your browser, tap the Share button, then tap Add to Homescreen.
3. Donate your redeemable cans and bottles to Arleta through Bottle Drop. Grab a blue bag from the school office and FILL it up then take it to a Bottle Drop site, OR email email@example.com and someone will come pick it up. (Arleta pays a fee for the bags, so let's fill them to the top!)