THE GIVER PROJECT
AUTHOR:LOIS LOWRY PROJECT BY:HENNESSY GUTIERREZ
In this book Jonas lives in this plain boring community. Were babies are assigned to family's and you get your new assignments. Jonas gets selected to be the new Receiver. He has to keep these memories safe from the community. Jonas family is taking care of a baby from the nurturing center named Gabe. Gabe is a very unusual baby. He doesn't really develop quickly like most babies. Jonas soon finds out that Gabe will be taking a release. Soon in the book Jonas kidnaps Gabe and they walk beyond for an adventure.
3 Other Characters
Jonas father works at the Nurturing center. He takes care of babies and delivers them to their new family units.
Fiona is a nice girl with brown hair and blue eyes. She is a very good friend of Jonas. Her assignment was to volunteer in the Center of the Old.
The Giver is an old man that has kept all the memories from the community. He helps Jonas in his training to become the next Receiver And the only person that can have those memories are Jonas. The Giver had a past Receiver that there training didn't last very long. The last Receiver then asked for a release.
"If you were to be lost in the river, Jonas, your memories would not be lost with you.Memories are forever.-The Giver Lois Lowry
Teacher like Questions.
- What was a difficult task to learn from the book?
- Which chapter did you think was most difficult to process?
- Which words did you find the most difficult?
- Did you like the overall plot of the book?
- I liked when Jonas was chosen to be the new Receiver of memory
- When the Giver gave Jonas the memory of colors, joy, and Christmas
- Didn't like when babies get released
- Didn't like when Jonas had to keep these memories from the communtiy
- Didn't like the ending
- Overall I give this book a 4 star