Miss Kolesar's Third Grade
Weekly Newsletter for September 19-23
News and Announcements:
- We have an assembly on Monday to introduce the Club's Choice PTO fundraiser. This is the PTO's main fundraiser of the year, and it funds field trips for the elementary classes.
- Picture day will be on Wednesday, September 21. Please return your child's picture order form on or before Wednesday. If you are ordering online, please note that in your child's planner. There is no need to return the order form if you order online.
- Keep sending in any box tops you have at home for the fall box top collection contest. We have received quite a few already.
- Today we did Student Shout-Outs for the first time. Each child chose another student in the class to recognize for kindness or positive behavior and filled out a Student Shout-Out sheet. We'll be doing this throughout the year, so everyone will have the chance to receive shout-outs for making good choices!
- The book orders should be in at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.
Story: "Destiny's Gift"
- analyzing/evaluation a story
- vowel pairs (ai, ay, ee, and ea)
- compound sentences
- coordinating conjunctions
- using a glossary
- run-on sentences
Spelling: Rule: Vowel Pairs
- lay, real, trail, sweet, today, dream, seem, tea, treat, afraid, leave, bait, screen, speed, paint, please, yesterday, explain
Chapter 2: Mental Math and Estimation
- recall prior knowledge and pre-test
- mental addition
- mental subtraction
- rounding numbers to estimate
Unit: Community and Geography
- communities and resources
- types of resources: renewable, nonrenewable, and flow
- world focus: Mexico City
Special Classes and Snack Schedule:
Monday, September 19:
Specials: PE and Art
Tuesday, September 20:
Wednesday, September 21:
Specials: PE and Technology
Thursday, September 22:
Specials: Music and Life Skills
Friday, September 23:
Morning Meeting Manager: Delilah
Errand Runner: Olivia
Class Custodian: Wyatt
Mail Carrier: Braeden
Administrative Assistant: Avery
Milk Slip Supervisor: Keira