Blanche Sprentz Newsletter
November 10, 2022
Ms. Pacman & Ghosts Attend the Costume Parade on 10/31/22
California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) for Parents/Guardians - Click HERE
Parent/Guardian Event: Folsom Library Programs Presentation - 4 PM on 11/15/22
- Click HERE to join the virtual meeting
- Attendance Matters - Please allow plenty of time to arrive to school ON TIME
- 8:00 AM - Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
- 8:15 AM - Grades 1-5
- 2:45 PM Dismissal - M, T, W, F
- 1:15 PM Dismissal on Thursdays
- TK & K Families - Mark Your Calendars for All-Early Days: 11/18/22 & 12/16/22
- Minimum Days for Grades 1-5: 11/14/22-11/18/22, 12/16/22
- Please do not use the front loop for dropping off/picking up. This is a designated Bus and After School Care Loop only.
- Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear BSE gear OR red
- SAVE THE DATE: December 15, 2022 - Evening Starstruck Student Dance Performance
- KCRA Kids Can Food Drive- ends today! Thanks to all who contributed to our canned food drive! The winner of the ice cream party will be announced Monday.
- TOMORROW 11/11-Folsom Veteran's Day Parade- Meet up with fellow Blanche families at 7:30am in the Target parking lot, Spot 37, to walk, ride, or scoot in the Folsom Veteran's Day Parade. We'll be servings coffee and will have decorations available for bikes and scooters. Don't forget to wear your Spirit Wear!
- The BOOK FAIR is coming up December 5th-December 10th- This is a great opportunity to purchase holiday gifts for children, cousins, family, and friends! Proceeds from our book fairs go right back to Blanche. Volunteer sign-ups went out in last week's Red Bear folders and we still need help. Return the yellow paper to your teacher asap if you are available!
- New RECESS EQUIPMENT- New basketballs and soccer balls were delivered last week to be used at recess. These funds were available because of the money raised during the Bear Run!
- You can purchase Spirit Wear for your child (or yourself) here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/ Orders will be delivered to your child's class within 7 days.
- Join us at our next meeting November 16th (the 3rd Wednesday of the month) at 7:00 in the Library and on Zoom. * Please note the room change from Room 6 to the Library.
- Las reuniones de PTO seran cada tercer Miercoles del mes. Interpretacion en Español disponsible, solo por peticion. Contacta a Veronica Pesavento (916)913-9300.
- Join the PTO here: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/45808
- Follow along with us online:
- 1. Website: fcusd.org/BlancheSprentzPTO
2. Facebook: facebook.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
3. Instagram: instagram.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
Thank you for your support and partnership!
Jenna Schuette, Principal
Amazing PTO Event: Spooky Sprentz, 10/28/22
THANK YOU to ALL of the VOLUNTEERS
A Focus on Learning
BSE School Goals
- Increase Student Math Proficiency by 5% on the Renaissance Diagnostic
- Increase Cultural Awareness Proficiency Among Students, Staff, and Families
- Increase Student Proficiency in Grit by Setting Long-term Goals in Academics & Activities
Families Support School Goals By:
- Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts at home
- Play games with cards, dice, counting
- Practice measurement with kitchen tools, rulers, measuring tape
- Share your family heritage and traditions with others
- Support your student's family heritage projects at school
- Follow our monthly Heritage Awareness activities and resources
- Set and Track Reading and Step Count Goals with Students
COURAGEOUS is November's Character Trait
Courageous people are:
- not afraid to believe the unimaginable. ...
- not afraid to be patient. ...
- not afraid to say no. ...
- not afraid to take an unpopular stand. ...
- not afraid to ask for help. ...
- not afraid to show genuine emotion.
Blanche Sprentz has partnered with Folsom's Hope who sends mentors to come have lunch with select students once a week.
The only requirement is for mentors to have a heart for kids! Once cleared through the District, adult mentors are paired with a student referred to the program, and they have lunch once a week. This is on Wednesdays during their lunch hour, and build relationships over the course of the school year. The time commitment is less than an hour a week, but mentors do need to be committed to being there each week, as consistency is essential.
Volunteers do need to be cleared through FCUSD as category 2 volunteers, and then there are some additional requirements for mentors because of the intimate nature of mentoring: Folsom's Hope application, online training, and mandated reporter training. Salwa Kasabian, Executive Director from Folsom's Hope will walk volunteers through all of this. If anyone is interested, they need simply to contact Salwa so she can assist them in the clearance process. She's also happy to chat with anyone with questions or wanting to know more.
Executive Director, Folsom's Hope
Everyone is Welcome at Blanche Sprentz Elementary!
Can you help a 5th grader attend Sly Park Environmental Camp this year?
Help Make Arrival/Dismissal Safe
Mark Your Calendar!
Thursday, November 17th is PIcture Make-Ups Day
Book Fair coming soon!
Monday-Friday, December 5th-9th, 8AM-3PM
Saturday, December 10th , 8AM-12 noon
Theme: Cocoa – Coffee – Characters (no Santa Breakfast due to no Multi.)
Click the link to browse and purchase:
The Calming Corner ~ Social-Emotional and Community Supports
Help for the Holidays
Community Thanksgiving Meal
Community Center in Folsom
Twin Lakes Food Bank
For more information, click here. If you need a community resource that you don't see listed, reach out to Ms. Scarlett at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 640329.
The American Academy of Pediatrics' Screen Time Guidelines
Internet and cell phone addiction in youth
Kelly Richardson, Marriage and Family Therapist, spoke on dangers our youth face with electronic media and how internet addiction affects our children.
To view the recorded presentation from May 2022 in its entirety, please click HERE
You can enable closed captioning in both English and Spanish
Links below were also provided at the May presentation, providing information and resources parents can use for keeping their children safe online.
Child readiness for cellphone chart
How to Really Prevent Screen Addiction
Keeping Children Safe on the Internet - Services and Devices
Parents Guide to Snapchat QR codes for Internet Safety Links