RMS Weekly Event Calendar
December 5 - December 9
What's going on this week!
As educators, we mold our students each day. We do this in many ways. Students come to us in many different ways with many different needs. Each one comes with unique abilities, talents, and challenges. We help shape our students by encouraging them to recognize their mistakes as they are learning and we also sharpen them as we help them develop and grow to improve their skills and knowledge. Each student we touch leaves a forever mark on us, but we also leave a mark on them. As we work with students each day, we help them to understand that they are valued and even though they make mistakes and have daily challenges, what is inside of them is the most important. The desire to learn and be challenged, the willingness to learn from their mistakes and improve, and the confidence to overcome the challenges they face is what changes them and molds them into who they are.
As we approach these final two weeks of this semester, which we all know can be very challenging, I encourage you to see these same things in yourself as educators. Every day we are molded and touched by those students and professionals around us who help us continually grow in our profession. We may have challenges, make mistakes, get discouraged, and feel frustrated....just like our students do....but it is what is inside of you that is the most important. Your willingness to see the best in students, your desire to give the best you can to your students each day, your desire to be the best you can be is what makes a difference in the lives of students. What you do each day DOES make a difference in the life of a student and even though it is very challenging...it is extremely worth it!
Thank you for all you do!
Please remember to encourage our students to participate in our Can Drive that is sponsored by our SADD organization as well as Coat and Sneaker Drive that is sponsored by our Student Council.
Monday, December 5
- RMS Basketball vs. Florence Middle School - Away - 7th grade girls @ 4:00 p.m., 7th grade boys @ 5:00 p.m., 8th grade girls @ 6:00 p.m., 8th grade boys @ 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 6
- RMS Christmas Band Concert - RCS Auditorium - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 7
- REA Meeting - Media Center - Immediately after school
Thursday, December 8
- RMS Basketball vs. Brooks - Away - 7th grade boys @ 3:30 p.m., 8th grade girls @ 4:30 p.m., 8th grade boys @ 5:30 p.m.
Friday, December 9
- EL Training with Terry Medina - Mrs. Bates classroom - Please plan to attend during your instructional period.
- Mid-Term Exams - Please make sure to have your mid-term exams turned in to Mrs. Warhurst.
- RMS Scholars Bowl vs. Deshler - Away - 12:30 p.m.