By: Patryk Rydzewski
Daily Tasks and Activities:
- Prepare structure specifications
- Meet with clients to determine objectives and requirements for structures
- Prepare scaled drawings with computer software and by hand
- Estimate the amount of required materials, equipment, and construction time
- Manage construction contracts
- Visit work sites to ensure that construction adheres to architectural plans
Education and training needed
- Most architects earn their professional degree through a 5-year bachelor of architecture degree program. Many also earn a maters degree.
- All state architectural boards require architectural graduates to complete a lengthy paid internship. Usually has to be at least 3 years of experience before taking the Architecture registration exam.
Preferred Job Skills
- Creativity: Architects have to use their creativity to design appealing houses and structures.
- Communication Skills: Architects have to talk to a lot of people such as their clients to design the right structure.
- Technical-Skills: Architects use a lot of computer programs to design buildings and structures, therefore you need to be good with technology.
17% from 2012 to 2022
- Medium annual wage: $73,090
- Top 10%: More than $118,230
- Architects spend much of their time meeting with clients, develop reports and drawings, and work with other architects and engineers. They also visit construction sites to make sure the everything is going properly.
-Robert A. M. Stern
I chose this quote because I thought it was more unique and better than all the other quotes. It has a bigger meaning and pretty much says that architects are needed to make their client's dreams come true.
- University of Southern California
- Cornell University
- Southern California Institute of Architecture
- Rhode island School of Design
I chose these because they each have very good architecture/design programs.
- 3D Modeling
- Architectural Design
- World Architecture
- At least a bachelors degree is required to be an entry level architect. Further education may be required to become a higher level architect.
- Need experience with things such as drawing, math and being good with computers.
One good internship opportunity could be TSI because architects work with computers a lot so TSI could help them get better. You could also work for some other architect and help them with whatever they need.