an aquatic invertebrate animal of the phylum Cnidaria
Blue Dragon Slug
- also known as the sea swallow, blue angel, blue glaucus, blue dragon, and blue ocean slug
- the Glaucus atlanticus is a small species of 'sea slug' which is known for its stinging nematocysts- a defense mechanism that makes it dangourous to sea life and humans
- lives in tropical ocean waters
- size: 3 centimeters
- flat body with six appendages branching from them
- these little creatures have been known to kill and feed n much larger Portuguese Man O' War, concentrating the creature's venom for its own use
- divers and swimmers respect this creature because of the protection it has against large creatures
- they are hermaphrodite which is an organism that has reproductive organs normally associated with both male and female sexes.
Which ones a not plant???
CARABELA PORTUGUESA - KILLER JELLYFISH???
The Fly Trap Anemone
- The Venus flytrap sea anemone is a comparatively large anemone whose shape and movement are much like those of a Venus flytrap plant. These sessile, benthic animals can be found in warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean. They're adaptable creatures that, although rare, thrive in environments where conditions are favorable.
- FUN FACTS
- a small jellyfish that once reaching adulthood, can transfer its cell back to childhood. It may do this process to live longer.
- an 'immortal' jellyfish is swimming through the worlds oceans, according to scientists. The Turritopsis Nutricula is able to revert back to a juvenile form once it mates after becoming sexually mature. Marine biologists say the jellyfish numbers are rocketing because they need not die. The jellyfish originally come from the Caribbean but have spread all over the world.
- This creature is the only known animal that is capable of reverting completely back to its younger self. It does this through the cell development process of transdifferentiation.
A phylum that comprises the sea anemones, jellyfish, and corals, and which is known from the late Precambrian. Cnidarians are basically radially symmetrical and have tentacles. The body contains a gastrovascular cavity and the body wall is diploblastic.