Park View Newsletter
Mrs. Wallerstedt. 3/5/21
Here we go . . . . . .
- The school day for 1st through 5th grades will lengthen to 2:30 pm.
- 1st/2nd grade hybrid ONLY students will attend school 4-days per week.
- K-5 students will be meeting with their classroom teachers virtually on Wednesdays to help them navigate their day so students should be up and ready for school at 8:30 am regardless of if they have Art, Music, PE, or a check-in first thing.
- Art, Music & PE times have changed for a few classes so each classroom teacher will share their new Wednesday remote schedule with their class and help support their students on Wednesday remotely.
District Survey Implications
This past Monday (3/1) you were sent a district communication regarding a survey to fill out to indicate your preference for your child(ren)'s learning model for the last trimester of the year (4/6 - 5/26). Please fill it out. If you do not, your child will be placed into remote only learning. The survey closes March 8th (at 5:00 pm) and once we have those results we will begin planning for which students will be remote only and which students will be in the hybrid learning model (in-person and remote A/B schedule). All 1st and 2nd grade students who sign up for hybrid will continue to have the 4-day schedule. All 3rd through 5th grade students will remain in an A/B schedule until we examine the number of students in hybrid and how that impacts the amount of space we have in our building; taking into consideration our social distancing protocol. So please make sure you fill out this survey by March 8th at 5:00 pm.
Need Help With Your Child's Chromebook?
When you child's chromebook is not working right and needs some TLC, follow the steps below:
Go to the SD44 homepage -> Click on the Parents Tab -> Click on District 44 Remote learning ->
Click on Technology Support -> Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Technology Support (again) -> A form will open up - please fill it out and submit. Then the technology department will contact you with further instructions.
School Picture Day 3/6 & 3/13
It has been a huge undertaking to pull together school picture days and to make this a safe, expedient experience, we need help from you. We are looking for many more parents to sign up for just one 4 hour shift to make this event successful. Please consider volunteering to make it a good event for your family and all the families of District #44. Click on this link to volunteer for one shift. Our PTA also has the sign-up link on the Park View PTA Facebook page so you can sign up there too. Once you sign up, we will contact you and give you more information about the volunteering details. Please consider helping out as "many hands make the work easier for everyone".
Don't Forget Science Fair Participants -
Slow ReOpening Of Our School Playground -
- Before School - The Playground WILL REMAIN CLOSED. Students should continue to arrive at school as close to 8:25 am as possible and stand on their number by their assigned door.
- During School - As students are taking their outdoor mask/movement breaks they will sanitize their hands BEFORE going outside. Once outside they can, in smaller classroom groups, go on the equipment - with their masks up because we know that they will be closer together when using the equipment. When they return to class, they will again sanitize their hands.
- After School - The playground WILL REMAIN CLOSED immediately following school when students are leaving the campus (3:15 - 3:45 pm). We know that later in the afternoon kids from the community do return and play on the equipment as well as on the weekends.
Dates to remember . . . . . . .
March 5th - Trimester #2 Ends
March 8th - New School Day Hours Begins for 1st - 5th
March 10th - Flats Of Flowers Orders Due
March 12th - Report Cards Open in Skyward (3:30 pm)
March 20th - Virtual Science Fair
March 24th - Yearbook Orders Due
March 29th - Spring Break Begins.
April 5th - NO SCHOOL
April 6th - Classes Resume