PHS Parent Bulletin--September 2019
2019-2020 is off to a GREAT start!
Please read the reminders about dropping off lunches for students and our policy related to checking out students during the school day.
Please feel free to contact me directly at my email link below if you have any questions, suggestions or words of praise for our staff members! And, don't forget to 'like' this newsletter if you appreciate getting information this way.
Twila M. Guajardo
New Campus-wide Cell Phone Policy Update
Great news about discipline at PHS:
Important Front Office Procedures for Lunches and Signing a Student Out
Lunches dropped off by parents
- Please have your student's name on any lunch you drop off in the front office. We will provide markers and/or sticky notes with pens for your use.
- Be sure your student knows to pick up their lunch from the front office. We will not be able to call students out of class for their lunch.
- You are only allowed to provide food for your student. Please do not bring food for any other students.
Signing a student out:
- A parent or authorized person must come into the front office to sign their student out.
- All students must sign out in the front office before leaving campus.
- We are a closed campus which means that students cannot be signed out for the lunch period to get lunch off campus.
- In the event a parent gives permission for their student to leave campus unaccompanied (for a doctor or dentist appointment for example), the parent must provide a note to the front office no later than two hours before the student's need to leave campus.
- Students cannot be signed out over the phone without an administrator's approval.
We recognize that these changes to our procedures will have little to no impact on most of our families, but we want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to adjust. We will begin sharing these expectations with our students and parents at every opportunity beginning Friday, September 6th with the intention of full enforcement by September 23rd.
Homecoming Week September 9-13
The first few days of instruction at PHS
Did you know?
Students who qualify for free or reduced-price school meals also receive other benefits that help them with transition to college including fee waivers for some college applications as well as SAT and ACT fees. Information on applying for free and reduced-price school meals can be found at this link: https://www.pisd.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=244105&type=d&pREC_ID=564525
Please talk with any school administrator or counselor for more details about fee waivers.