Tech Tips #2.24
Week of February 23, 2015
The following lessons/apps allow students to show & describe what they know in their own unique way.
Examples of Digital Storytelling by Students & Teachers
NOTE: While the book talks specifically about Puppet Pals HD Director's Pass app (paid app), the lesson ideas can be applied using a number of other FREE app options (some listed below in the Get an App section)
Additional Lesson Ideas & Resources
- Tech Tips 10 - Tellagami (lesson ideas and examples)
- Hot Apps for HOTS: Puppet Pals by Lisa Johnson
- Chatterpix Book Talks with 2nd Grade by Andy Plemmons
- Students tell their own stories with Adobe Voice by Avi Spector
- Common Core in Action: Using Digital Storytelling Tools in the ELA Classroom by Monica Burns
- Additional Apps in the Classroom iBooks
Get an App
All apps shown below are FREE and do not require an account to use. They are appropriate for all age levels. All of these apps allow you to save your finished video to the iPad Camera Roll, allowing you to share your movie quickly and easily with others.
NOTE: Giving your students options and allowing them to make their own decision on which app they will use to create their story may get them more engaged in the assignment. The list below is a starting point, your students may find other digital storytelling apps that they like better. Allow them to explore!
Take it Further
- Students can record multiple small videos then use iMovie to edit them into one long video.
- Students can create graphics and visuals in one app and bring them into their story (may not work with all apps).
- Students can create videos from each of the apps and edit them together into one using iMovie (example shown below).
GCCISD Educational Technology
We are here to help! Contact us!
Lori Roberts - REL Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Regina Rogers - GCM Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Robyn Sewell - RSS Feeder Ed Tech Specialist