Ms. D's Kindergarten Newsletter
Important Upcoming Dates
- Class Dojo: A final reminder- if you are not yet connected to our class dojo please let me know and I can send you another invite. I have sent invites to your emails as well as a paper copy home with the students.
- Letter of the week: This week we learned the letter "Qq!" Students engaged in multiple activities this week to guide them in their learning of this letter. Next week we will be learning the letter "Gg."
- 100th Day of School: We will be celebrating the 100th day of school on Tuesday, February 9th. Letters have gone home explaining a fun little activity you can do with your child in preparation of the 100th day of school. Attached to this letter is a green cape. With your child you can decorate your cape with a "100" of something, making sure it is completed for Tuesday! (More details in note) We will all wear our capes, to show we are the 100th day superheros! Yahoo!
- Valentines Day Party: On Thursday, February 11th we will be having our valentines day party. Students will have had time prior to that day, to decorate a special bag for their valentines. Class lists have been sent home in order to help with how many Valentines are needed as well as what names there are. (If you need another class list please let me know as I have extras. :)
1) This week we were introduced to a new letter (Qq). Students learned the letter's proper printing formation for writing as well as the sound that the letter makes. Ask your child to "air" write with their finger an Q for you, as well as tell you the sound this letter makes.