VAMS Panther Press Newsletter
September 14, 2019
- Monday, September 16 - VAISD Board Meeting at 7:00 PM at Admin Building
- Wednesday, September 18 - Campus Improvement Team Meeting at 4:00 PM in the VAMS Library
- Wednesday, September 18 - Community Pep Rally at Panther Stadium at 7:00 PM
- Friday, September 20 - Varsity Homecoming Football Game at 7:30 PM at Panther Stadium (see homecoming information below)
- Monday, September 23 - NO SCHOOL - Staff Development Day
- Tuesday, September 24 - Fundraisers Due
- Wednesday, September 25 - See You at the Pole at 7:15 AM
- Wednesday, September 25 - Picture Day
- Thursday, September 26 - Pep Rally at 3:00 PM - Parents and community members are welcome to attend! *We will be on a Pep Rally Schedule this day.
- Friday, September 27 - First UIL Eligibility Check
- Thursday, October 3 - Progress Reports Go Home
- Saturday, October 5 - VAISD Fall Festival 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the high school parking lot
- Monday, October 14 - Aim For Success Parent Information Night 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the VAMS Cafeteria - ADULTS ONLY (more information below)
Other Important Dates:
- Pep Rally Dates - Sept. 12, Sept. 26, Oct. 10, Oct. 31 (Pep Rallies begin @ 3:00 PM)
- Student Dance Dates - Sept. 6, Dec. 13, Feb. 7, May 15 - (6th grade dance 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM and 7th/8th grade dance 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM)
- 8th Grade Dance - Friday, May 8 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Progress reports went home on Thursday and are due back Monday signed by a parent
Community Service Hour Log
Promoting community service is a goal of VAMS! In order to promote and foster serving our community and others, students can earn a community service award at the end of the year awards assemblies to recognize students who give their time, talents, and hearts.
Find opportunities throughout the school year for your child to work on their community service hours. Make sure your child is documenting their community service time on their hour log.
VAMS Community Service Hour Logs are due on Friday, May 1st.
Click on the link below "VAMS Community Service FAQ Flyer" for more information.
Communication throughout the year
Middle School Website: Click HERE to access the VAMS webpage.
Social Media: Want to see what goes on at VAMS during the week? Want to see pictures of students doing awesome things? Want to see what learning looks like on our campus? Be sure to like us on Facebook, Van Alstyne Middle School, and follow us on Twitter at @vamiddleschool
Digital Newsletter: We email parents a digital campus newsletter every Friday. If you are not currently signed up to receive our weekly newsletter, click HERE.
Grade-level Remind Accounts: Please sign up for the appropriate Remind accounts below to help keep you informed. We also recommend having your child sign up as well. Teachers use Remind to communicate important dates and information.
Football - Thursday, September 19 @ 4:30 at home vs. Community
Cross Country - Saturday, September 28 - Denison Invitational
NEW ATHLETIC REMIND CODES
A Note From Our Nurse....
Our clinics must have a Medication Parent Consent Form on file for students requiring medication administered during school hours. This form must be signed by parent/legal guardian. Medication must be kept in the ORIGINAL bottle. (see links below)
Children who have the following symptoms should stay home and not come to school until these symptoms have been gone for at least 24 hours without the help of medication.
- Fever (100 degrees or higher)
- Sore Throat (with fever or swollen neck)
- Persistent Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Rash (with fever and itching)
- Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye (your child can attend school 24 hours after starting medical treatment)
A child with a typical cold, but no fever or green drainage, may come to school.
If a student becomes ill during the school day, he or she must receive permission from the teacher before reporting to the school nurse. If the nurse determines that the child should go home, the nurse will contact the parent.
Volunteer Approval Form
Click the button below to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!
This is the link to view your child's grades and attendance. Passwords were sent home with progress reports. If you need any help with this process, you may send an email request to email@example.com or call the school office.