May 21, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
Dates to Know
- May 25: Early Release: Parent Conferences
- May 29: Memorial Day: No School
- June 7: No Kindergarten; Incoming Kindergarten Orientation
- June 11: Family Celebration Day
- June 14: School Council; 6:00 PM
- June 14: PTO Meeting; 7:00 PM
- June 16: 5th Grade Promotion
- June 19: Juneteenth: No School
*Specific grade level field trips/activities will be included in grade level communications
Weather & Clothing
Family Celebration Day
In Framingham, we are made up of many diverse groups of people with different traditions we celebrate. On Sunday June 11th, the ELD (English Language Development) department and the PTO are hosting an event to celebrate families of the King community and their beautifully rich and diverse culture!
Character Trait of the Month: Compassion
Social Emotional Behavioral Community Building
Check Out This Resource From Our School Social Workers - Updated for April
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is the next edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/7df95
Information from PTO
*We hope you've noticed the new event posted - The King Family Celebration Day 2023! Being organized by a fantastic group of King staff and parents, the day is meant to celebrate the many many cultures represented within our King community! There will be tables providing information and food, passports for the kids to have stamped or stickered at each table, plus performances, games, and rumor is some teacher read a louds!
Save the date for June 11! We hope you'll consider participating by hosting or co-hosting a table! So far we have Pride/LGBTQ+, Neurodiversity, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Haiti, Portugal, France, England, Hungary, and Malaysia! Sign up to join one of those awesome tables or host your own here:
We are so excited for this event and can't wait to celebrate our community!
*The PTO Executive Board is still looking for a few community members to join us in planning events, fundraising, and supporting the King community next school year. If you are interested in more info about a position, please email email@example.com. The current open positions are Co-President, VP of Fundraising, and Treasurer.
Community Vibes Framingham presents Juneteenth Fest: Sign Up Below!
Meet the King Staff!
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201