Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
January 23, 2019
This week we celebrated the life of Dr. King and today, Jan. 23, is another day important in the history of our great country.
Dr. King, in a book of his quotes has this to say about morality, "America, I wonder whether your moral and spiritual progress has been commensurate with your scientific progress. It appears to me that your moral progress lags behind your scientific progress, your mentality out distances your morality, and your civilization out shines your culture."
In 1968 there was a song written entitled "Abraham, Bobby, Martin and John". After the death of Martin and Bobby, in the same year, I think there were many of my generation who lost some of the shine and enthusiasm about life in America.
Too many great leaders have had to die. It has deepened my need to lean on a power greater than myself and our country. If God is in control, that gives me some peace of mind in the autumn of my life.
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—3rd Sunday of each month—11:30am
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile