The Austin Gazette
From the Principal
We had a great week at Austin Elementary! The first three days are an endurance test for teachers AND parents!
Bus transportation was delayed the first day but we are seeing improved delivery times from each route. See the SMART tag information below to learn how to sign up for helpful updates about your child's bus stop times.
Car Rider line relief is also in sight! More and more students are transitioning to the bus, which will improve line times. Some tips to speed things up:
- Our typical dismissal time is 3:10. Lining up before 3:10 causes traffic jams and further delays for all parents. Parents who pull in closer to 3:30 typically enjoy less wait time.
- We load and unload from the passenger side. Please prepare your student to exit from the passenger side.
- Please be careful on Highway 105 and heed all traffic signs and construction cones.
Early Drop Off
In an effort to reduce the number of cars in line in the morning, we will begin accepting students at 7AM. This will start Monday, August 14th.
- We have a limited number of staff on duty.
- Students will need to unload themselves.
- Students will be supervised in the cafeteria where they can read or work on homework.
- The front office will not open until 7:25AM. Staff on duty will not be able to take messages. Parents with business in the school or front office will be asked to wait outside until the school opens at 7:25AM.
August 21st- campus opens for lunch visitors
Did you know?
You can receive notifications about your child's bus, including departure and bus stop arrival times? Sign up for the SMART tag Parent Portal!
CCHS Youth Basketball League
Hello, I am Coach Kovach, the Head boys' basketball coach at Caney Creek High School. I am excited to announce that Caney Creek basketball will be hosting a youth league this fall, starting on August 24th. Below is a link to the sign up and payment for the league.
Breakfast and Lunch Information
No parent visitors at breakfast and lunch until August 21st. Our students are busy learning breakfast and lunch routines. We have limited space available for parents at lunchtimes. A Lunch Visitor sign up link will be available before August 21st in order for you to schedule lunch with your students. We ask that you limit your visits to no more than twice a week so other parents have the opportunity to schedule times with their students.
What's for lunch?
Did you know there's an app for that? The MealViewer app allows parents and students to see the lunch menu for the day, week, or month. It includes pictures, nutrition information, and even information on allergens all from your computer, tablet, or phone. You can also find more information about school meals at Austin by visiting the Conroe ISD Child Nutrition Website.
Don't forget! You must complete an application every year if your child receives Free or Reduced meals.
Eating breakfast at school? Students must be in the cafeteria by 7:50AM.
Prices for 2023-2024
- Student Breakfast FREE for all Austin students
- Non-student Breakfast/2nd Student Breakfast $3.30
- Student Lunch $3.20
- Student Reduced Lunch $0.40
- Non-student Lunch/2nd Student Lunch $4.60 (Teachers, Parents, Siblings)
Are you following our social media accounts? We often send out helpful reminders, pictures of kids in action, and upcoming events...delivered right to your newsfeed!