Teacher News Letter
Understanding Technological Collaboration in the classroom
What are the benefits of having technology in your classroom?
Some collaboration tools
- Having students create and collaborate on a paper, play or other project.
- Getting students to peer edit.
- Decrease the use of paper in the classroom.
- Allowing teachers to see a writing project in progress so they can recognize where students may get stuck.
- Editing digital documents. Students can complete a reading and add their observations and comments.
- Collaborative brainstorm Use docs to help students work together to create ideas.
- iNetWord boasts multiple subdirectory levels, a lot more text-formatting options, and help.
- More powerful editing features. More of a web page design
- Presents a better interface and offer more collaboration tools.
Importance of collaboration
Find time to collaborate- Shared planning time allows teachers to collaborate during school hours. With shared planning time, teachers are about to make leaps in planning rigorous for students. Collaborate both in and out of school. Thinking virtually using Google Docs, iNetWord etc.
Share Responsibility- Share the responsibility for planning by dividing tasks based on one's strengths and interests. Successful collaboration happens when teachers work together, sharing the workload, instead of doubling effort.