What's the Buzz?!?
May 15, 2016
A big thank you to Colleen, Mary Alice, Linda, Mark, Jackie, and Kathy Ott for all of their work with the 7th and 8th graders and their performances during Christian Coffee House. I am excited for all of you to experience this on Friday- it was truly beautiful and an awesome representation of God's love through our students. A big thank you also goes out to Denny for setting up and tearing down the gym, serving food during the event, and making sure that everyone had what they needed! This event definitely took a lot of direction from each of the adults in order to pull it all together. It was a heartwarming experience all around!
Hopefully our last 10 days won't be interrupted by a surprise snow day in May :) Have a great week!
A peek at our week...
- We will have our kick off meeting with Epiphany tomorrow after school from 3:30-4:30. Please remember that teachers in K-4 will only be responsible for attending until 4:00 PM. We put in an order for Google Chrome books for grades 5-8 and they should be in any day now! HOW EXCITING?!?!
- Permission slips went home in this Thursday's folder for the picnic on Friday. Please keep track of who has turned them in and try to let me know by Tuesday or Wednesday which student will not have a family member coming to eat with them. Since most of you will have the afternoon free because students will dismiss after the picnic, please ensure that your Mandated Services forms are updated, grades are updated, and that you begin to pack up items in your classroom. Teachers are permitted to leave at 3:00 that day since there will not be a dismissal process or aftercare. I ask that teachers are present during the picnic, especially for those students who may not have someone coming that day.
- Awhile back in one of my newsletters I mentioned we would have an awesome opportunity to hear from a renowned author, Conrad Storad, who has been traveling to a number of different schools and presenting to their students as well as doing some great writing workshops with them! Our visit with Conrad will take place on Tuesday, May 17. Students in grades K-4 will enjoy a 45 minute assembly beginning at 9:30. Students in grades 5-8 will have their assembly time from 10:15-11:00. Then, after lunch, Conrad will do a writing workshop with 5/6 12:15-1:15, and 7/8 will have a writing workshop from 1:30-2:30. If your class has gym that day, Mrs. Stanfield will take them outside or have gym in your classroom.
- We will sign contracts on May 23 beginning at 9:30 am in the Rectory. I will post a schedule of time slots this week and then have a sub circulate the building so that everyone can step away for 15-20 minutes.
- We will enjoy a faculty luncheon put on by the FFN on Wednesday, May 18 outside in the pavilion. If the weather is uncooperative we will have the Upper Room.
- Grades close on May 27. I ask that all grades be finalized by Tuesday, May 31 by 8:00 AM.