Blue Haze Bulletin
Weekly Staff Newsletter 2/15-2/19
- We've had first grade teachers observe each other's entire Reading and Writing Workshops, and the feedback has been great!
- Third grade teachers have partnered up classes to co-teach as well as to allow one teacher to observe and learn from another, with all 40 students in the MPR!
- So many teachers have shared with me how excited their students are with implementing DEAR time and reading self-selected texts! They all say their students are showing motivation to read like never before!
- Second grade teachers are posting their students' learning to Twitter, sharing out the great things going on in their classrooms!
- Kindergarten teachers have asked to observe each other's guided reading lessons! They're also graphing their classes' reading stamina minutes each day, increasing independent and partner reading during Reading Workshop!
- We have teachers working with others in different grade levels to provide more effective targeted small group support for a few of our struggling students!
- Teams are utilizing the lesson planning collaboration time every other Wednesday afternoon to discuss specific, detailed lesson plans for each day of the upcoming week. With this additional time, we are seeing increases in rigorous/relevant lessons!
- Teachers have offered to allow us to record lessons to begin growing our BHE online instructional bank!
I want to thank everyone for your GROWTH MINDSET, trying new things, helping to increase each other's teaching capacity and supporting ALL of our students! :)
Every time you co-teach, plan collaboratively, observe, mentor, provide feedback, open your door for recordings or observations, share out on social media and participate in PLCs, YOU ARE LEADING BY DEVELOPING OTHERS!
The Book Whisperer
- Lesson plans should be posted by 7am each Monday.
- Be sure your website is updated.
- Send weekly team newsletters out by Friday afternoons.
- Post PLC Agendas by Wednesday afternoons.
- Be mindful of printing volume.
- Begin spring cleaning in your classroom.
- Meet with your fourth grade writing buddy each week.
- If you are out, be sure 1: Jim & I know and 2: Someone is covering your duty.
- Small group instruction should occur daily during RW, WW and MW.
- Utilize your "No New Instruction" time for additional small group instruction.
- If you have concerns with custodial services, please let Mr. George know ASAP.
- If you have questions or concerns about ANYTHING, please let me know so admin can help! Pop by my office anytime or send an email to set up a time to chat. If we aren't aware, we can't support! :)
Food for Thought
Please take some time to read the following articles:
Qualities of Great Teachers
Classroom Decor and Student Learning
Why Good Schools Benefit from Trying Fresh Ideas
BENEFICIAL Strategies for Spelling Practice
Wednesday 2/17: Perryman's Baby Shower, MPR, Heart Awareness Day/Wear Red and Jeans OR Warm-Up Wednesday
Thursday 2/18: Grade Level PLCs, Team Lead Mtg 3:10
Monday 2/22 - 2/26: Book Fair
Wednesday 2/24: BHE Instructional Rounds, Staff Mtg 3:05
Thursday 2/25: Grade Level PLCs, Family Reading Night 6:00-7:30, $1 Pajama Day (ELA Alignment Mtg RESCHEDULED)
Friday 2/26: Campus PD Day