By Joe Merlina
1. "A fright selfishness hurries me on, while my heart was poisoned with remorse." chapter 24
-this is related to friendship because the creature is saying that he has remorse for what he did he killed Victors wife.
2. "'In a fit of enthusiastic madness I created a rational creature and was bound towards him to assure, as far as was in my power, his happiness and well-being. I refused, and I did right in refusing, to create a companion for the first creature. He showed unparalleled malignity and selfishness in evil; he destroyed my friends. Miserable himself that he may render no other wretched, he ought to die. The task of his destruction was mine, but I have failed.'" Chapter 24, pg. 199-200
-This is to friendship because he says that he has destroyed all of his friends and now he doesn't have any.
3."'Seek happiness in tranquility and avoid ambition, even if it be only the apparently innocent one of distinguishing yourself in science and discoveries.'" Chapter 24, pg. 200
- This quote is saying to find friends and don't worry about anything else
4. "You may deem me, whose eyes would reply to who could sympathize with me, whose eyes would reply to mine." Chapter 2, page 5
-This quote is saying that if you look into my eyes you will fell sympathy for me.
5."'You can blast my other passions, but revenge remains -- revenge, henceforth dearer than light of food! I may die, but first you, my tyrant and tormentor, shall curse the sun that gazes on your misery.'" Chapter 20, pg. 153
-This quote is saying that since I don't have any friends you won't have anymore.
6."'I am alone and miserable: man will not associate with me; but one as deformed and horrible as myself would not deny herself to me. My companion must be of the same species and have the same defects. This being you must create.'" Chapter 16, pg. 129
- This quote is explaining how the creature has no friends and is alone, and he saying how his defects has a major part in why he has no friends.
7."'When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I, the, a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?'" Chapter 13, pg. 105
-This quote is explaining how the no one else looks like the creature and everyone is running away from him and the creature doesn't know why.
Quote 2. This is related to modern society because the creature was lonely and had no one to talk to him and listen to his feelings.
Quote 3. In today's society everyone wants to fit in but everyone wants happiness in life as well.
Quote 4. This quote is related to today's society by ignoring the negative comments from others and only listen to the positives.
Quote 5. This quote is saying that the creature will get what he wants first before Victor does, and this is related to today's society because in the work field if only one person in your department will get a raise and you will try to work harder and accomplish your goals faster than others if you put time and effort into it.
Quote 6. This quote is related to today's society because some people feel left out in groups of friends, and so did the creature. He didn't have any friends.
Quote 7. This quote is related to today's society because some people might feel how the creature the creature feels, depressed, ugly, and lone some.
"Google Images." Google Images. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Feb. 2015.