Digital Content Curation
Pinterest & EduClipper
Are you addicted to Pinterest? Or just wondering what it's all about?
Some "Pinterest"ing boards to follow...
Mrs. Malespina - These Boards are for the students and teachers of South Orange Middle School. You will find good websites, books, and much more. Also tons of Professional Development info! (Perfect example of digital content curation to both colleagues and students/patrons.)
Nikki D. Robertson - EdCampATL CoFounder, school librarian, seeks collaboration w/other librarians & educators ASLA Twitter Chat moderator #aslachat http://bit.ly/IQsYdN http://educationrejuvenation.blogspot.com/
Lisa Dabbs - At teachingwithsoul.com, I share my passion to support new & pre-service teachers. Founder of New Teacher Chat #ntchat. Blogger/Marketing Team @Edutopia. #CAedchat moderator & CA former Principal.
ITSE - The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) advances excellence in learning and teaching through innovative and effective uses of technology. We pin all things ed tech!
Eric Shininger - Principal at New Milford HS (NJ), author, speaker, NASSP Digital Principal Award recipient (2012), selected to NSBA's "20 to Watch" list in 2010 for technology leadership, Google Certified Teacher.
Erin Klein - I'm a second grade teacher in Michigan. I love finding fun ways to incorporate technology into the classroom. I enjoy blogging and traveling!
Vicki Davis - Best known as "Cool Cat Teacher" I'm a full time teacher and mom of 3. Things I love: using technology to inspire and transform kids and improve our world, organizing, reading, learning, laughing.
Richard Byrne - Teacher, Speaker, Advocate for technology in classrooms. Google Certified Teacher. http://www.freetech4teachers.com/p/work-with-me.html
So, will it be helpful?
Content curation for students or colleagues....
Some ideas for use of digital content curation in the classroom:
- Websites to get students started on a research project -- especially at lower levels
- Topic/Content guides - examples: Civil Rights Board, British Literature, Author boards
Some ideas for use of digital content curation in the library:
- Recommendations for reading material - students can add a short synopsis as the description of the pin
- Common Core materials for teachers in each content area
- A collection of web resources for research papers by requested topics
Some ideas for use of digital content curation at the school/district level:
- Suggested links for professional development resources/information
- Book studies - links to web resources
- Faculty Meetings - apps, links, information shared all in one place for faculty to access