Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Welcome Class of 2022
September 28, 2018
The Principal’s post is published online bi-weekly. Please take a few minutes to read it. There are wonderful things happening at Blue Hills each week. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact my office at 781-828-5800 extension 261 and make an appointment to see me with Ms. Fama or email me at Jill Rossetti.
We are happy to announce that we have been invited into the Massachusetts School Building Authority's project process for school renovation. Please check out the current
- October 2: Student Ambassador Training with Mark Perna 8:30-1:30 PM
- October 8: Columbus Day--No School
- October 10: PSAT 8-11:30 AM and Advisory Board Dinner 5:30 PM
- October 11: Progress Reports
- October 17: MEFA Night 6:00-7:00 PM
- October 18: Parent Teacher Night Grades 9 & 11 with an 11:35 AM Dismissal 12:30-2:30 PM and 6:00-8:00 PM (Vocational Teachers NOT Available during the evening session tonight only)
- October 25: Parent Teacher Night for Grades 10 and 12 with an 11:35 AM dismissal 12:30 -2:30 and 6:00-8:00 PM
- October 26: In Service with a 10:40 AM Late Student Arrival
CAD / Drafting: Grade 10, Rebecca Shows off New Ergonomic Adjustable Desks with Dual Monitors
Blue Hills Vs. Hull, Friday, September 7: Photos courtesy of Coach Poliseno
Early Education and Childcare: Tallest Tower in 7 Minutes
Ms. Sylvia, Mr. Cerqueira, Ms. Bearse and Electronics: they got this!
Coach Flynn's Soccer Team: congratulations to their 5-0 victory!
Auto Collison Repair: Photo courtesy of Judy Bass
Freshmen Exploratory: Learning New Things is Fun! When was the last time you tried something new?
Construction Technology Freshmen Exploratory: Photo courtesy of Judy Bass
Embroidery Machine in Graphics
Student Ambassador Program
Student ambassadors apply to the program and if accepted will be trained. Applications were due this week.
Mark Perna is coming to Blue Hills on October 2 to train our future student ambassadors who are dedicated to serving and representing Blue Hills. Student ambassadors volunteer their time and positively promote Blue Hills Regional Technical School. Student ambassadors will provide campus tours during Open House and for new students, guide parents during parent-teacher conferences, lead activities during the Class of 2023 Student Acceptance Night, and various school events. They also answer questions about activities, sports, find classrooms, and help others navigate the building and school rules.
Benefits of Becoming a Student Ambassador:
- Develop a wide range of transferable skills
- Sharpen communication and public speaking skills
- Learn leadership skills that will help you build your resume to use in college and beyond
- Help students and families learn more about Blue Hills
- Improve interpersonal skills
- Enhance confidence when speaking and interacting with Blue Hills community members
Permission slips are due to Ms. Burns on Monday, October 1.
Chateau de Blue restaurant is now open for lunch 11: 00-1:15 PM. Please check out our bakery, too! Photos courtesy of Judy Bass.
Meets every Wednesday in room 229. All students welcome. Come be a part of the Blue Hills Memory Keepers!
Tuesdays in room 317. See Ms. Flynn if you are interested.
Peer tutors are available. Please contact email@example.com for more information.