NSCAS Parent Resources
NSCAS Growth Summative Testing Parent Resources
It is almost time for NSCAS Growth Summative testing! Please see the resources below that are provided by the Nebraska Department of Education to learn more about the assessment and to access practice materials.
The NSCAS Growth Summative is an addaptive statewide assessment that measures student performance against Nebraska's content area standards in English language arts and math for grades 3-8. Students in grades 5 and 8 will take the NSCAS Summative Science assessment. The NSCAS Growth Summative test administration window is March 21- April 29, 2022 for grades 3-8.
NSCAS Growth Summative
- Students and parents can access the student tutorial on their own through the NWEA portal or by using the following link: http://bit.ly/StudentTutorial
- The student tutorial provides detailed information about the NSCAS Growth Assessment including who will test, how many questions are on each test, and the different types of items students will need to answer.
Item Type Sampler
- Students and parents can access the Item Type Sampler through the blue NWEA testing app on the iPad starting March 10, 2022.
- After opening the NWEA testing app, Confirm App Self-Lock by selecting "Yes".
- When prompted, select "Item Type Sampler".
- Student selects grade, subject, language, and accommodation if appropriate.
- Each Item Sampler has 20 questions.
- Item Samplers are available for grades 3-8 in English Language Arts (ELA) and mathematics, and grades 5 and 8 for science.