Student Ministry News
Jesus is our Savior!
God is brought him through Summer project
We had many good conversations and we quickly were able to talk about spiritual topics. One night we talked the whole night! I shared with him about my faith in Jesus and he shared also about his views about God through his study of Islam.
I want to share with you the story of his life: One night he shared about his family and what is going on in his life. His family has a lot of money, but this money came through his father who was a drug dealer. Eventually, his father was arrested and sent to prison. In his family, there are 4 children, and his mother decided to continue his work so that she could provide for her family. He shared this with great pain, how much his family has suffered, and especially that his mother also was sent to prison and that his father died while in prison. His mother was released from prison and they are now starting a new life.
Through all of these difficulties in his life, I see how in his heart He wants to know God. All summer our friendship became closer, and we had many good conversations about God. I can see that God is working in his heart, and that his life is changing.
Student Ministry Team
This year God blessed us with an awesome team! We have 10 people, and 8 of us are working full-time in ministry.
Yessen is the leader of our team
Chingys and I are new staff this year
A family from South Korea (Doszhan and Aruzhan) and one new intern from South Korea, Aspan, will work with students using the Korean language.
Lauren is from America and will be the leader of our women’s ministry. Along with her is another awesome girl named Gulzhan who moved to Almaty from Karaganda to work on our team. Two more people on our team, Alibek and Yana, will work with us part-time.
7. In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8. Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9. Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10. Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
1. For our team, for unity and good relationships with each other.
2. For God to give us many new and open students to work with this year.
3. For the Holy Spirit to work through us and in the lives of those we work with this year.
4. For Aidos, for his faith and open heart to the Jesus Christ.