September 1, 2023
Dear Graebner Families,
We had a wonderful first week back! Our PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) team prepared and presented a welcome back whole school assembly on Wednesday, and all classrooms completed all PBIS stations with their teachers on Thursday, where students and teachers reviewed the behavior expectations in each of the school and playground areas. These stations are described in the attachment provided below this letter.
Students are very eager to be back in school and learning! September brings the start of fall, school pictures, a back to school picnic, and an open house for parents to come and meet their child (rens) teacher(s) and hear about the classroom curriculum, weekly communications, classroom expectations and more.
Please mark your calendars for these important dates listed on the calendar provided below.
Thank you for your support!
Jami Wood, principal
Graebner September Calendar of Events
September 1 – 4: No School Labor Day Weekend
September 7: Open House 7:00-8:00pm
September 8: Technology Insurance DUE
September 12: PTO Meeting 6pm in media center
September 20: No School for Students/Teacher Professional Development
September 21: Fire Drill 10:45
September 27: Graebner’ Back to School PTO Pizza Picnic 5:00-6:30 pm
September 29: Picture Day
Arrival and Dismissal
Technology Device Insurance Program
FINAL DATE TO ENROLL: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2023
Please find the device plan insurance information on our UCS website. The cost of device insurance is $17.50 per student. The Payschools website has changed to Payschools Central. In order to purchase the device insurance parents will need their child(ren) student ID number (which can be found on the report card) and create a NEW Payschools Central account. The directions for creating an account can be found at: https://www.uticak12.org/domain/85
Half days release at 11:29am.
Students getting breakfast can come as early as 8:00 IF they are getting breakfast. They will not be released from the cafeteria to class until the 8:15 bell rings, and all students are let into the building. Breakfast closes at 8:35.
Class begins at 8:25. Tardy bell rings at 8:30. Please remember that students must be signed in by an adult if arriving after 8:25. Thank you for your cooperation.
NEW Student Handbook
School Age Care (SACC) is hiring!
This year, Graebner has no morning SACC.
Afternoon SACC will again be at Havel Elementary, however, ONLY Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Important Note About PaySchools for the 2023-24 School Year
PaySchools has improved its platform this year to provide a system that is consistently more reliable and user friendly. The end result for parents will be that the information they need will be personalized for their child.
As a result, families will be asked to recreate an account (even if you previously had a PaySchools account). Once created, you will be provided with those product choices that directly relate to your child.
Just follow these easy steps:
- Create an account from your computer or tablet at: www.payschoolscentral.com
- Complete the account registration by selecting register, enter your profile details, setting up your password via the email link that will be sent to you, then logging in.
- Add your children to your account using their student ID numbers. ID numbers are found on their report card available through PowerSchool.
- If you like, enter credit card and/or banking information as forms of payments to use with your PaySchools account.
A complete guide (with screen shots) is available at this link.
Need help with your PaySchools Central account?
8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET (M-F)
New District App
Utica Community Schools has a new mobile app! Search for 'Utica Schools' in your phone's app store and download the free app to stay up-to-date on district and school news. The old mobile app 'Utica Community Schools' is no longer supported and should be deleted from your devices. Download at the App store here and Google Play here.
Breakfast and Lunch News
- UCS students will receive a free breakfast and lunch throughout the 2023-24 school year.
- All UCS families are asked to complete the School Meals & Summer EBT application or the Education Benefits form Here - enter "Utica Community Schools" and follow the prompts.
- Most online applications are processed within two (2) working days compared to 10 using paper applications
- Paper copies of these forms are distributed to all student households or are available at your child’s school.