SMS Jag E-News
Week 5: September 6-10
A Message from Mrs. Oglesby
It was great having so many of you in attendance at our virtual open house! If you were unable to attend, you can still browse through the presentation and access welcome videos for each of your child's teachers here. We hope to see many of you this week at our PTO meetings and supporting our students at various athletic events.
Student progress reports (PR1) were posted to Skyward Family Access on Wednesday, September 1, and Progress Report 2 (PR2) ends on September 17. Students who are involved in extracurricular activities such as athletics and fine arts must be passing ALL of their classes at the six-week grade check in order to be eligible to compete/perform.
Below you will find new information and reminders about remote conferencing, level change requests, tardies, cell phones, and dress code. We are looking forward to another great week and want to thank each of you for your support of SMS and our students and staff!
Sartartia Middle School
Week At A Glance
Monday, September 6th
Tuesday, September 7th
PTO Volunteer Meeting : 9:30-10:30am OR 6:00-7:00pm
LAST DAY TO ORDER CLASS SHIRTS
Wednesday, September 8th
Football vs. LOMS @ Hall Stadium 6:00pm
Thursday, September 9th
Volleyball vs. DCMS @ Crockett MS 5:00pm
Friday, September 10th
Jag Spirit Day: Wear Your Jaguar Gear
Saturday, September 11th
FBISD Middle School Volleyball Tournament @ SMS
SAVE THE DATE
September 13-17th: Turn It Gold Week
SMS Spirit Shirt
Don't miss out on this opportunity to buy an SMS spirit shirt and support our PTO. You can order your personalized t-shirt using the form below or from the PTO store.
Purchase your Jag Swag here.
News You Can Use from the Student Center
Students can now begin to request a level change (change from an AAC class to an on-level class or change from an on-level class to an AAC class). Level change forms are now available for students to pick up in the Student Center, as well as the SMS counselor webpage under the "schedule changes" tab. The only schedule changes that will be processed are those on a completed level change form. Any forms that are missing a signature, will be given back to the student to ensure the missing signatures are obtained. The level change form is only utilized for students to move up to an AAC class or to an on-level class. Any forms requesting an elective change, teacher change, or rearranging of a student's schedule will not be processed and the students schedule will remain the same. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to your child's grade level counselor.
Gifted & Talented Referrals
The Fall GT Referral Window is open August 11-September 30, 2021. Students eligible for evaluation are:
- Currently enrolled FBISD students in grades K-11.
- Students who are not identified for gifted and talented services in FBISD in any content area.
Please visit FBISD's Gifted & Talented website for more information and forms.
SMS Campus Updates & Reminders
Please visit the district's website for a Remote Conference Instruction Overview.
2021-22 Yearbook Sales
Did you know you can already pre-order your SMS Yearbook?! If you order online before September 17, 2021, you will save $5. Don't miss out on the opportunity to commemorate an amazing year at Sartartia Middle School. Order your yearbook here.
SMS Handbook Reminders
Please use this link or click on the handbook above to access and review the SMS Student/Parent Handbook. Below are a few reminders.
- Student devices should be turned off and stored in backpacks for the school day.
- Devices are allowed with the permission of a teacher for instructional purposes only
- Devices may not be used in the hallway or to call/text family or friends during the school day (students may use phones in the office to contact parents)
- Cell phone violations will result in the phone being confiscated and returned to students at the end of the school day for the 1st and 2nd offense.
- The 3rd violation will result in a $15 fee and parent notification (fees must be paid in cash & failure to pay will result in revocation of school activities).
- All shirts must touch the belt line and not reveal undergarments or midriff while sitting or standing
- Dresses, skirts, shorts, and jumpers shall be worn at a length that is no more than 3" above the knew
- Shorts, jeans and all pants shall be worn at the hip and must cover undergarments
- Leggings and other clothing that is form fitting, must be worn with a garment that covers to mid-thigh
- Unsafe footwear is not permitted
- Hair shall be neat, clean and well-groomed, and worn in a color and style that does not disrupt the learning environment
- No hats, caps, doo-rags, wave caps, bandanas or hoods worn indoors, except on campus designated days
Fort Bend ISD encourages the use of District facilities in a manner that best serves the needs of the community within the laws, rules and regulations that govern the operation of a public independent school district. District facilities are designed for educational purposes and for that reason we ask all those who we share our facilities with to do so in a way that preserves their condition, providing a safe and healthy place for children to learn. We ask that you please abide by all laws and policies when using our facilities and help us by placing trash in appropriate receptacles, be considerate of other patrons and avoid any activity that could damage or alter school property.
Sartartia Middle School is no longer an open campus year round and the new Outdoor Facilities for Public Use is posted below. Facilities that are not open for the time frame will be locked beginning Monday, August 16, 2021. As always, facilities are closed to community use during paid rentals.
Important Contact Information
Associate Principal: Dr. Sunday Johnson
Counselor: Tanya Johnson
Assistant Principal: Paul Wells
Counselor: Kat Friedel
Assistant Principal: Courtney Border
Counselor: Amy Melby
Attendance: Glenary Williams email@example.com
Registrar: Alejandra Pena firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse: Christine Ferguson email@example.com
Click this button if you want to access Jag E-News for previous weeks. We have an archive of all of them on our campus webpage.