Submitting a FAST Referral
All you need to know about how to submit a FAST referral!
The UTVA FASTeam is here to give extra support to your students who lack engagement. Please let us help you!
2. Make sure you have created a running note in TV before you submit a referral. This is part of the required pre-referral process. Watch this jing if you need help on this step: How to create a teacher running note
3. Use internet explorer or google chrome as your browser.
4. Click HERE to access the FAST tracker in Sharepoint. This is where you will make your FAST referrals!
5. Sign in using your Sharepoint login. (password is the same as your OLS/TV password)
6. Click the plus sign where it says, "New Item".
7. Fill in the required fields (the ones with asterisks) of the tracker. Hint: You only need to fill in the School Abbreviation (UTVA) and the Student ID and then a lot of the information populates for you!
8. If you need a walkthrough, watch this: How to Submit a FAST referral
How do I know if I should refer a student to the Family Engagement Coordinator (FEC)? Do you have learning coaches that need more support? If you feel a student's lack of engagement is due to his/her LC's abilities or struggles, LuAnn can help. Please be sure to have your LCs complete Learning Coach University before referring their student to FAST.
Cami Jo Stephenson
How do I know if I should refer a student to the Family Resource Coordinator (FRC)? Do you have a student who is homeless, in financial crisis, dealing with death or loss or a teenage pregnancy? Cami Jo will offer her support to students in these situations. Just choose the reason for your referral in the drop down next to "FRC" on the FAST tracker.
How do I know if I should refer a student to the Family Compliancy Liaison (FCL)? If you mark "Yes the student is truant" this will trigger a student to automatically be referred to Alia, who will work with the student to re-engage him/her and help resolve truancy issues. Please refer students for truancy only when they are missing 4 days or more.