The Heart of a Dragon
Carroll Elementary School Counseling
Being compassionate means that you are aware of the feelings and thoughts of not only yourself, but those around you. It's a quality that requires energy to maintain because it takes time and effort to be compassionate with others.
Compassionate people are:
- Open and able to communicate with others
- Able to recognize they are not perfect
- Quick to reach out and lend a helping hand
- The first to listen to what others have to say
- Ambitious and not afraid to take healthy risks towards achieving life goals
February 17 is National Random Acts of Kindness Day
We encourage and promote kindness every day at CES; however, February 17th, is Random Acts of Kindness Day. This day aims to encourage people to spread goodness through acts of kindness. Encouraging kindness and paying it forward not only makes others happy, but it feeds our souls as well. By promoting Kindness among our students, our hope is that it becomes a trait that will be carried out on a daily basis. Here are some ways students can show a random act of kindness:
- Make eye contact and smile at someone you don’t know in the hall, at lunch, or in class
- Look for opportunities to help others at school, home, or in your community
- Find ways to compliment others around you in a sincere way
- Donate to a good cause or serve in your community
- Let someone get in front of you in line
Important February Dates
Feb. 7-11 National School Counseling Week
Feb. 18th Bad Weather Day (no school unless we need to make up this day)
Feb. 21 President's Day (no school)
How Can My Child See The Counselor?
2. Teacher referral. Sometimes teachers notice that a child may be experiencing emotions that are interfering with learning.
3. Parent referral. You may send me an email or call my office.