1. Click this button. 2. Enter the 5-digit game code 269758, and click "Proceed" 3. Now enter your name and click "Join Game!" 4. You will get an avatar, and then see a "Start Game" button. Click it to begin!
PLC Guiding Questions
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
Edueto is a free service that allows teachers to create their own online activities for students. Teachers can create exercises such as quizzes, matching, writing, sorting, equations, sequences and more and assign them to their students to complete. Student progress is tracked. There are also exercises created by other teachers that you can use and even edit. You can also login using Edmodo credentials.
Click the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page, select "login as student". Use the code b42924 to join my PD class.
ThingLink is an interactive media platform that empowers educators to create more engaging content by adding rich media links to photos and videos.
PlayPosit (FKA Educannon)
Example PlayPosit Activity
- Integrated with Office 365 and Edmodo so teachers and students don't have to create a new login
- Can insert headlines, text, photos, video, audio, hyperlinks, maps, forms, RSVPs, and a whole list of other types of media (PPTs, infographics, embed codes, Twitter feeds, etc.
Example student quiz - Type in Room #107211
Create interactive presentations students can access on their own smartphones, tablets, or in a lab setting. Import your pre-existing PowerPoint presentations or create from scratch. You can embed questions, polls, drawing questions, videos, webpages, etc. At the end of each session, download student results to a PDF file.
Sample Nearpod Lesson - Click the link below and wait for further instructions.
If you'd like to view outside of class, click here.
Britannica - Uses three unique interfaces to thousands of curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, editor-recommended websites, and three separate databases make Britannica School the go-to site for research for students at all levels.
LearnZillion - Access hundreds of interactive, video-driven lessons aligned to Common Core State Standards. Create classes and make assignments that students can complete in a lab setting or on their own.
Seesaw - Seesaw empowers students of any age to independently document what they are learning at school. Students capture learning with photos and videos of their work, or by adding digital creations. Student work can be shared with classmates, parents, or published to a class blog.
RCS Tech Minutes - The Tech Minutes that are emailed to you weekly can all be found at this channel.
Before Part 2 - Dig deeper into 2 of these resources and be prepared to share how you could use it in your classroom.
Ms. Mandy Johnson
I'd love to model a lesson, team teach with you, or meet with you during your planning for a 10 minute PD session.