January 24, 2021
Welcome Back Cool Cats
- Remote Instruction Days - Students have zoom instruction in the morning. Students should also log on to Seesaw (K-3) or Google Classroom (4-5) each day to view their lessons and complete assignments. Student participation counts towards attendance.
- Please continue to contact your teacher or the school nurse if your child has been sick, exposed to COVID, or tested positive for COVID. Students who are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID are not permitted to attend school.
- Please try to schedule your child’s appointments (doctor, dentist, etc.) on one of their remote days so that they do not miss in person instruction.
Congratulations to our 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Tew!
Let's Celebrate Kindness Week!
Monday, January 25th: Time to Represent-Creating School Unity
Tuesday, January 26th: Time to Dream-Dreaming of a Kind World
Group AA students wear your pajamas to school. Group BB students wear your pajamas at home and share them on zoom.
Thursday, January 28th: Time to Serve
Group BB students wear red, white, and blue to school. Group AA students wear red, white, and blue at home and share your outfit on zoom.
Friday, January 29th: Time to Twin
Group BB students match with a friend or friends at school. Group AA students match with a friend or friends and share your matching outfits on zoom.
A Message from NEW HANOVER COUNTY SCHOOLS:
As part of the district’s ongoing efforts to provide a safe learning environment for all students, NHCS staff will be using district-approved communication methods to communicate with students. District-approved communication methods are:
- Staff and student assigned email addresses
- Staff and student assigned Google accounts
- Learning management systems SeeSaw, Google Classroom, and Canvas
- And Teacher websites and newsletters
Student cell phones and personal emails will never be used. The methods of communication will not change for parents.
The Technology Department, in collaboration with representatives from schools and the Communications Department, is researching additional communication tools to ensure continued effective and appropriate communication among staff, students and parents.
Wrightsboro Elementary School
Location: 2716 Castle Hayne Road, Castle Hayne, NC, USA
Phone: (910) 815-6909
Our School's Why
The mission of Wrightsboro School is to establish and promote a caring, engaging, and supportive environment that enhances learning and leadership for all.
Today we learn. Tomorrow we lead.
We believe children want to learn and lead and will take responsibility to actively meet goals that will help them succeed in the future. We believe teachers inspire success, and encourage a love of learning by providing a supportive environment that fosters leadership through instruction to meet the unique needs of each child. We believe families that work together with our school contribute to successful learning for every child.