Elementary Weekly Update
Week of December 2nd
- Tuesday, December 3rd - Friday, December 6th - Jingle Bell Shop in UE Auditorium
- Wednesday, December 4th - World Mission Chapel - 9:15am in Big Gym
- Monday, December 9th - SPO Cookie Exchange for Elementary Teachers
- Tuesday, December 10th - PreK, Kindergarten, & 1st grade Christmas Program @ 6:30 PM in Big Gym
World Missions - Go Forth: Pray, Give, and Go Day!
This week we are celebrating World Missions.
On Wednesday, December 4, we are introducing an all-school chapel titled Go Forth: Pray, Give, and Go! This unique, student-led chapel will bring awareness to our high school mission projects as well as highlight how students of all ages can make an eternal impact.
Each elementary grade level has adopted an international or local mission. We are asking the elementary students to bring one of the following items to school with them on December 4:
Vancouver- 4th and 5th grade
Rulers, Stickers, Whiteboard Markers, Glue Sticks, Colored Pencils
Jamaica Elem- 2nd and 3rd Grade
Bubbles, Jump Rope, Card Games, Water Balloons ( Not filled up)
United States- City Center- First Grade
Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Travel Size Hygiene Products
United States- Little Light School- Pre-K and Kindergarten
Expo Markers, Balls, Pipe Cleaners, Little Whiteboards ( Look in the dollar section at Target)
Christmas Cookies and Happy Hearts, This is How the Holidays Start!
Let's kick off the Christmas season right by blessing our OCS teachers and staff!!
On Monday December 9th, the SPO will host a Christmas Cookie Exchange. We will turn the conference room into a fun and cheerful Cookie Shop! The teachers and staff will come and choose two dozen cookies to take home. And to make that happen, we need YOUR HELP!! We need approximately 112 dozen HOMEMADE or BAKERY cookies! (That's A LOT of sweets!) Be on the lookout for a sign up sent to your email this week.
The Christmas Concert will be in the Middle School gym, Tuesday, December 10th at 6:30 p.m. for PK-1st graders only Our 2nd, 4th and 5th graders will have their programs in the spring. Here are a few details regarding the Christmas Concert:
- Student seating will be clearly marked in the bleachers. Teachers will be with classes. There will be additional seating in the bleachers as well as chairs on the gym floor for those who are unable to access the bleachers.
- Students should be dressed in their Sunday/Christmas best and seated with their class at 6:15 p.m.
- The doors to the Middle School gym will open at 5:45 p.m. Children should remain with their parents until teachers are on duty at 6:00 p.m. Please help us by keeping children calm, seated, and ready for a great night of worship.
- What will happen with this? All Pre-K and Kindergarten students will join their parents after their performance. First and second graders will remain seated with their class until the conclusion of the concert. Please stay the entire performance to honor the preparation all classes have put in.