for the Week of January 8th
Reminders from the Principal
Amanda will give out grade verification sheets Monday morning. These will have to be returned by 3rd period. Report cards will be issued in 7th period. They will be delivered by office aides.
I would like to thank all of you for the work you put in today to develop the draft of your team/grade level discipline plans. I have read some interesting ideas and look forward to hearing more about how your plans work.
Here are some reminders of things we discussed in our back to school faculty meeting Friday:
1. If we want things to change they have to start with us.
2. All employees will be professional.
3. Attendance counts even for the adults.
4. Our expectations for students have to be taught and have to be consistent across the team if not grade level.
5. All teachers are expected to be on time for school and duty.
6. Hall duty does not mean standing in a huddle and talking about the students. It means actively supervising students in all areas of the building. This includes the lunchroom. Teachers do not have a duty free lunch. Teachers are expected to monitor students to the lunchroom, in the lunchroom (including the line) and on the way back from the lunchroom.
7. All students are expected to be in the classroom when the tardy bell rings.
8. No student should be allowed out of class without a pass, period.
9. Teachers and staff are expected to be on campus all day. Permission to leave campus must be given by an administrator and only if it is school related.
Important Reminders for the Week of January 8th Plus
Jan 8 - First day for students
Jan 8 - 12 - Mr. Powell to meet with students in PE to go over expectations
Jan 8 - 12 - Dr. Foster to start pulling students to complete Scantron
Jan 8 - Grade verification sheets due by 3rd period
Jan 8 - Report cards go home with students
Jan 8 - Timecards must be approved for the previous week by 3 PM
Jan 8 - HMS Basketball game vs McAdory - CANCELLED
Jan 9 - 12 - Girls Inc Presentations: Girl Talk II in Girls PE
Jan 9 - MEDC in the conference room
Jan 11 - Last HMS Home Basketball Game vs Minor
Jan 12 - HMS Basketball @ Bessemer City
Jan 15 - MLK Holiday - School Closed
Jan 16 - Faculty Meetings in Conference Rooms
Jan 16 - Last day for 8th Grade Parents to submit ad for yearbook to Mrs. Lawrence
Jan 16 - Boys and Girls Basketball Tournaments begin - See Coach Williams and Coach Whitfield for more information
Jan 17 - Tornado/Fire Drill 6th Period
Jan 19 - YWCA Presentations: Healthy Relationships in 8th Grade English
PLUS Team Rotation
No PLUS Team Meetings in January
Feb 1st - English
Feb 8th - Math
Feb 15th - Science
Feb 22nd - Social Studies
Mar 1st - English
Mar 8th - Math
Mar 15th - Science
Mar 22nd - Social Studies
Apr 5th - English
Apr 12th - Math
Apr 19th - Science
Apr 26th - Social Studies
No PLUS Team Meetings in May
Lesson Plan, Unit Assessments & Contact Log Administrators
- 6th Grade teachers, Poe, Finch, Overton, and Owens submit to Mr. Anders via email.
- 7th Grade teachers, Gonzalez, Moreno, Evans, Williams and Channel submit to Mr. Powell via email.
- 8th Grade teachers, Cerka-Wilkes, A. Smith, Kunath, Whitfield and Richards-Broome submit to Dr. Foster via email.
Lesson Plans/Parent Contact Log Calendar
January 19 (LP Jan 22 – Feb 2, PC through Jan 18)
February 2 (LP Feb 5 – Feb 16, PC through Feb 1)
February 16 (LP Feb 20 – Mar 2, PC through Feb 15)
March 2 (LP Mar 5 – Mar 16, PC through Mar 2)
March 16 (LP Mar 19 – Apr 6, PC through Mar 15)
April 6 (LP Apr 9 – April 20, PC though Apr 5)
April 20 (LP Apr 23 – May 4, PC through Apr 19)
May 4 (LP May 7 – May 24, PC through May 3)
May 25 (PC through May 24)