Nutritional Steps to a New You
Change what you Eat- Change your Life
- Limit Alcohol, No Fast Food, No Soda, Avoid Salt, Sugar and Processed Foods.
- Group Proteins and Fruits or Vegetables For Every Meal.
- Minimize Dressings, Butters, Sauces, and Condiments- Stick with extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, raw honey, and mustard when possible.
- Choose from natural foods as often as possible, go with foods that are somewhat processed in a pinch, and limit your intake of highly processed items.
- Prepare Your Own Meals and Snacks as much as possible. The more we eat out at restaurants, the less control we have over what is actually in the food we are eating. If you can take the time to prepare your meals, this will limit a mistake of excess fat, oils, or otherwise unhealthy things.
- Willpower is like a muscle and you have to use it in order to get stronger.
Healthy Food Choices
Protein Sources (4oz. with each meal)
- chicken breast
- turkey breast
- fish (halibut, salmon, tilapia, cod, orange roughy and tuna)
- cottage cheese
- greek yogurt (non-flavored)
- low-fat cheese
- black beans and pinto beans
- nuts and seeds (unsalted almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds)
- natural peanut butter
Fruits and Vegetables (2 servings per meal)
- berries (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- greens (kale, chard, spinach, cabbage, bok choy)
- sweet potatoes
- bell peppers
- soy beans
Carbohydrates (no carbs after lunch)
- brown rice
- quinoa pasta