Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Thought of the Week!
Reminder of the Week
The gift has been given. It is up to us to open it.
Humor of the Week
This bumper sticker is hilarious!
Prayer Requests February 3, 2013
- Lisa B. - God's direction; praise Noah is better now
- Melissa - unspoken; praise mother is healing well. Needs to continue healing.
- Randy- unspoken
- Janet and Keith- Ann Gordon had cancerous tumor removed this week and undergoing tests because the doctor thinks there is still cancer in body.
- Ed- get renters out of our house so we can put the house on the market
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
Why do people like super hero movies so much? Justice is served. Good guy always gets bad guy. We want a hero. John Eldridge says the reason we like the movies, etc. we like is because they speak to the truth we hold in our own lives. The struggle between good and evil.
"God Comes to the Rescue"
God is promising Moses He has planned action.
God is reminding His people that He is their personal God. He is telling Hs people He is going to deliver them. He wants a relationship with them. God lose them because they are His people...not because they have been good, smart, etc.
Connection between OT and NT- John 3:16. In OT He is promising to rescue His people because He loves His people.
Romans 6:23. God's judgement is universal. Everyone will be judged
God shows Himself over and over, but the comes a time that we have to CHOOSE Him. We have to make a choice. What are we going to do with Jesus? It's a free gift. To receive the gift, it has to be opened. We have to be ready to go.
While we may be taken out of slavery in an instant, it takes longer to get the slavery out of us. What we know is more comfortable than the unknown.
And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day:for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
We go back to what we are familiar with instead of choosing the freedom God has given us.
We are free to make our choices, but our choices do not set us free.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
You don't have to do anything. You just have to accept it.
- Volunteers to keep children during Children's Workers Appreciation Dinner Friday February 6:30 -8:30 (I've seen Feb. 1 and Feb. 8.) If interested in serving contact Pastor George.Feb. 3 First Connect
- Feb 10 SS directors meeting
- Volunteers needed to help with Everything Trucks during Come See Me. Contact Tammyw@fbcrockhill.org