Give me a D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T-I-A-T-I-O-N
KAI Japanese Language School --- Lesson Sneak Peek: Elementary Grammar
Coming Soon Vocabulary
- differentiation ---planning your instruction to meet the learning needs of all students.
- student centered---Students actively engaged in their learning
- time on task--Help ALL students sustain taks for longer than what is initially comfortable for them. Time allotted for tasks should be a bit shorter than the attention spand. Chunking of time.
- team work--Give students as much responsibility for their learning as possible by keeping records of own work, critiquing other's work, charting progress and setting goals.
- getting help--Give students opportunities to help; teach resources for help. Examples: asking peer for clarification, be an expert of the day; respect other experts on thier day
- flexible Groups--Use a wide variety of grouping strategies
- Choice--Give student a choice in assignments and presentations modes
- Previewing--Letting students know what is coming next. This is a time to access prior knowledge to connect the dots.
- Advanced Organizers: An instruction unit that is used before direct instruction